Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deer on veiw law when transported ?

Account Suspended
    View my Gallery (35)View my Gallery (35)

Deer on veiw law when transported ?

I recently took deer on my pick up open to veiw as i had not a cover available and heard i was reported ? before i contact the police is it breaking the law,everything is legal of course,but is it ilegal to have uncovered ?can anyone enlighten me,

Reported for doing what, I wonder?

The sight of a dead animal could easily cause upset to some people/children, this could then be taken as a Breach of the Peace.

So this is you?

Attachment 9331

Cant see owt wrong with it
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    The sight of a dead animal could easily cause upset to some people/children, this could then be taken as a Breach of the Peace.

you must be having a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Cadex100 View Post
    you must be having a laugh
    "
    Source: Common law
    Offence: When one or more persons conduct themselves in a riotous, or disorderly manner, anywhere, which alarms, annoys or disturbs the lieges (other people).
    Arrest: Common law powers of arrest.
    Notes:
    This offence can take place anywhere i.e. a house, a public street or a private office.
    Riotous: There is normally an element of noise, or 'rowdiness' or 'brawling' which is clearly causing concern to other members of the public e.g. swearing, challenging people to fight.
    Disorderly: There is a more subtle element. The behaviour doesn't have to be noisy but still of a nature that would cause concern to other people. Examples include: 'Peeping Tom' type behaviour, persistently following someone, delivering 'threatening' letters and 'streaking' or 'mooning'.
    To prove a Breach of the Peace the most important things to prove is that someone was Alarmed, Annoyed or Disturbed by the incident."

Not laughing at all. Just think what an anti could make of seeing dead animals (in this situation as opposed to in a butchers shop)on open display. No doubt they would feel alarmed/disturbed by your disorderly conduct.
    Last edited by Gazza; 26-09-2011 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbaTaxidermy View Post
    I recently took deer on my pick up open to veiw as i had not a cover available and heard i was reported ? before i contact the police is it breaking the law,everything is legal of course,but is it ilegal to have uncovered ?can anyone enlighten me,
    I would wait until you were contacted by the relevant authorities before I would do anything else
    you are a registered taxidermist collecting work or even a stalker taking home the fruits of the day
    aslong as you hav the paperwork in place if needed
    I can't see a problem and make sure you hav all your freezers sorted with no surprises just incase you get a early morning visit

When one or more persons conduct themselves in a riotous, or disorderly manner, anywhere, which alarms, annoys or disturbs the lieges (other people).

So by transporting a couple of deer in the back of my pickup I am conducting myself in a RIOTOUS and / or DISORDERLY manner?

I appreciate it 'may alarm / annoy' other people, however so may it be the case had I to walk down the High Street wearing a full mink coat and have a stuffed fox scarf around my neck.

Given this scenario would I be reported for a BOP? Of course not because all aspects of the offence are not present therefore the offence is not complete.

Alba , i wouldnt loose any sleep over it , dont contact the police if they want a word theyll contact you

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Alba , i wouldnt loose any sleep over it , dont contact the police if they want a word theyll contact you
    I concur