Thread: FAC conditions ?????

Question FAC conditions ?????

After reading through some of the horror stories on here I would like to know why regional police forces interpret the guidelines in such vastly different ways. And also why do the likes of BASC , SACS ,LACs etc not jump on the case when they do so ?
    Surely there is a case for there being a hard and fast law being made and everyone abiding by it.
    I remember when my 22lr was granted n the police conditioned it so I could only buy 10 roundss at a time and keep 40.

You would have more luck finding a cure for cancer

how did you get your RFD to split a box?
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Lol I had to ask them to to put it up to 100. And 250

Because they are just that guidelines, nothing more, also the part on your ticket which says additional conditions may be added here by the chief officer of Police which gives them a lot of lee way.

Also don 't have it to hand but from memory it goes something like this you may appeal the Chief officer of police's decision but he does not need to give a reason for any addition conditions he adds to a ticket.

So if a chief constable is anti shooting. In effect he can limit the number of FACs issued ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    So if a chief constable is anti shooting. In effect he can limit the number of FACs issued ?
    I don't think so. The law says that if you have a valid reason you should be granted a FAC

I know of no other “industry“ in which the goverment issues guildlines which are then subject to interpretation from officials all over the country and are then held as word of law

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    I know of no other “industry“ in which the goverment issues guildlines which are then subject to interpretation from officials all over the country and are then held as word of law
    Subject to interpretation or just plainly ignored by some forces?

Exactly. And when this happens I would like to think that our shooting orginisations react like a coiled spring on our behalf

Time we had a single police service, one uniform , one set of car stickers, one set of rules!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!