Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GSG 5 MP5 Clone

GSG 5 MP5 Clone

Hello,

im interested in buying a Gsg 5 rifle i know that i need a FAC but i wanted peoples views on them are they any good

the one im looking at is the standard one with the fake silencer but was wondering could you put a real one on it and is there a licsense i need to do this

also can people send photos of their gsg5 kits

thanks

dont mean to sound harsh but...
    what on earth for?
    you sound like you want an FAC for vermin and general shooting on a farm.
    Sure they look cool on full auto but doubt that the .22lr version will do what you want or any FLO will give one to an 18 year old.

get your FAC first, find someone nearby as a mentor for firearms and start slowly with a .22lr, HMR, 222 etc

oh, and someone will be along shortly to remind you to put an intro in the intro section

I was going to say the same,fun on the range,not pratical for vermin.
    Get a cz bolt action 22, if you want a semi get a ruger 10/22 IMHO.

SD Regular
    Ben,

I'm with Bewsh. Forget it - it might look cool, but it's the business end you want and need, whether you realise it yet or not. I'm afraid you're showing your inexperience my friend, and the FLO will pick that up. Find a mentor - you'll probably need one to get your FAC anyway - and learn. Get a CZ base reliable bolt action rifle - you'll never regret it - and all the money you save spend on some good binos/scope - and love the hunt, rather than playing Rambo!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I have played with one of these things at a range. Fun to a point, but as the lads say, practically useless.

From a purely practical point of view, do you want to be slinking around a farm somewhere in cammo with what looks exactly like an MP5 when the armed response team turns up? Imagine the 999 call from a local housewife reporting someone in a wood with a machine gun???

Get a grip.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    dont mean to sound harsh but...
    what on earth for?
    you sound like you want an FAC for vermin and general shooting on a farm.
    Sure they look cool on full auto but doubt that the .22lr version will do what you want or any FLO will give one to an 18 year old.

get your FAC first, find someone nearby as a mentor for firearms and start slowly with a .22lr, HMR, 222 etc

oh, and someone will be along shortly to remind you to put an intro in the intro section
    it is a semi auto

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ben01269 View Post
    it is a semi auto
    Ben, with respect, we know that. Regardless, I think you have a majority opinion so far on the relative merits of the weapon you have asked about from a range of pretty experienced people. The question now is, do you listen to them?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I would reckon he'd be OK, as long as he wasn't wearing the black flameproofs.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

ahhh newbies ,, now ben you stand at a cross roads , do you take on board what has been said or do you take the huff because youve not been told what you want to hear ?? the choice is yours

Quote Originally Posted by ben01269 View Post
    it is a semi auto
    ha, you need to spend more time on Google
    yes it may be semi auto in the Mattel/GSG version, but its available in Auto

but you still dont want one.