Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch in Monmouth

Lunch in Monmouth

With the indulgence of the moderators, may I be allowed to pick the brains of the membership for eatery recommendations in and around Monmouth?

I have a meeting there this weekend, fancy some lunch, and don't want to take pot luck.

Any suggestions gratefully received!

With thanks.
    KevinF -

Welsh Black beef curry and a pint at Wetherspoons always goes down well.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

We don't get out much though if we do Preggo's in church St we find relaxed and friendly also the Inn at Pennalt and the Carpenters Arms at Llanishen. Michelin** ed Crown at Whitebrook is meant to be very good though I have never afforded it. Though I believe 8x57 eats there most days .
    These all sit in Monmouth or within 5-10 mins drive, towards the Wye valley and Chepstow. Hope this helps.

Cheeky beggar, I can't afford to live in Monmouth never mind eat out in the town.

On the serious side though, what's the Punch Bowl in Agincourt Square like these days?

+ 1 for Preggo's, very good!

Haven't tried it Mike, I believe they still do accomodation as well so thust do food though I have not had that pleasure.

Lunch in Monmouth

Hi Chaps. A few miles out I know but the Clytha Arms on the Abergaveny road, does a really good meal. Sunday roast was also good. Met a couple of friends there a couple of years back.

Quote Originally Posted by macberran View Post
    Michelin** ed Crown at Whitebrook is meant to be very good though I have never afforded it.
    Tried the Crown for dinner once and went for the full taster menu with wines to match. Total cost was probably in excess of 150 per head. Worth it? Sadly, no; and I was not the only one who left feeling more than a little disappointed.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Thanks Iwrch I'll give it a miss ......should I ever have the ready's.

Thank you all for your responses.
    KevinF -