Need to watch this.

One of my many tasks is to be the H&S officer of the local wildfowling club and after a game shooting day I was asked to look into actions of one of our new members.

Because we are a wildfwling clud most new members have auto shotguns.

On the first and third drive the new member was a standing gun and both drives were quite a long wait while the beater brought in a large area of rough ground.

On the first drive he stood with the end of the barrel on his toes resting his chin on the end of the stock, at the end of the drive the shoot catain had a word with him about it being dangerous and the gun said it was not a problem as he had on the safety catch so he was told if he did it again he would be told to leave the shoot.

On the third drive he had the gun the other way up with his chin resting on the end of the barrel so he was told to f**k off and not come back until he had learned some safety, so he complained to the committee which is where I came in.

So we now do training days for new guns but they are onlly voluntary because we cant be seen to victimise them.

(Health and Safety is a wonderfull thing) NOT

Last edited:
One of my many tasks is to be the H&S officer of the local wildfowling club and after a game shooting day I was asked to look into actions of one of our new members.

Because we are a wildfwling clud most new members have auto shotguns.

On the first and third drive the new member was a standing gun and both drives were quite a long wait while the beater brought in a large area of rough ground.

On the first drive he stood with the end of the barrel on his toes resting his chin on the end of the stock, at the end of the drive the shoot catain had a word with him about it being dangerous and the gun said it was not a problem as he had on the safety catch so he was told if he did it again he would be told to leave the shoot.

On the third drive he had the gun the other way up with his chin resting on the end of the barrel so he was told to f**k off and not come back until he had learned some safety, so he complained to the committee which is where I came in.

So we now do training days for new guns but they are onlly voluntary because we cant be seen to victimise them.

(Health and Safety is a wonderfull thing) NOT
The stupid thing about all of that is i personally believe that his issuing police force should be liable for him and his actions!! they gave him his SGC it should be down to them to check that he is responsible enough to own one in the first place or that he has had some form of training, if they did that then he has obviously lied with regards to his experience with firearms!! i dont see why idiots like you have discribed should jepordise our passion, sport, hobbie, Jobs because they want to run before they can walk. and then to have the cheek to make a complaint to your committee because he wants to blow his brains out and ruin everyone else day because they have to spend the afternoon picking up bits of his face and waiting for the police to take statments, making everyone else feel that they have done something wrong. Its people like the guy you have described here that will be the downfall of all shooting. he should be reported for being a danger to himself and other members of the club !!

It has to be a fake, if not and he's looking down the barrel Y has he still got his head on. There was the break in the film at the end hat shot. It was a blank and dubbed up I would say.
Although at our local clay clubs this last 4mnths I have 'suggested' to three blokes on seperate occasions how dangerous it is too poiunt closed guns at other shooters. Beggars belief.

Back