338 win mag or 338 lapua

mick b

just wondering guys whats your thaughts on both and best overall bullet weight,distance and pest control :lol:

cheers

Well... after buying a 338 Lapua, many shooters have had the same question. Usually by the time they have saved up enough money to buy 20 empty cartridge cases they have sorted it out. The 338 Winchester shooters usually get out to the range a little earlier.:D~Muir

I would be amazed if you could get a .338 Lap for pest control. I asked Hants Firearms for a .338 lap for deer and they almost ****ed themselves, so I then asked f0r a .338 win, response was the same.

Good luck

Sticks

I've got a .338 Laupa and have asked for deer - but have been refused by Cheshire - whats the wording on your FAC's and is there anything else I could do to persuade Cheshire ?

Regards

Rob

Why would you want to shoot vermin with a 338 lap?overkill comes to mind plus a very expensive dead fox.You must have more money than sense.

Why would you want to shoot vermin with a 338 lap?overkill comes to mind plus a very expensive dead fox.You must have more money than sense.

Surely as long a shot is legal, safe, humane and not going to excessive meat damage (not that that is a problem with a fox) what does it matter, there is no reason that you shouldn't be able to. Although I doubt that it will ever become anyones foxing calibre of choice!

I think the 338 Lap Mag was designed to penetrate 5 layers of body armor at 1200m or something like that, I have an AI AWM in 338LM which I use for target, cant see ever getting open ticket on that.....may have to ask for a laugh :D

I think the 338 Lap Mag was designed to penetrate 5 layers of body armor at 1200m or something like that, I have an AI AWM in 338LM which I use for target, cant see ever getting open ticket on that.....may have to ask for a laugh :D

Hi where are u using your 338 ? warminster with the fcsa?

regards

simon

We like to run a few shots out of this black beauty down at our creek range on the farm here..Dom might even get a crack too. 30 inches of barrel gets the crackers out there nicely. The Laps leave the 338 WM in the shade.

barrettbench.jpg

barrett003.jpg

barrettbaby.jpg

Last edited:
Back