Thread: DCM Advanced Shooting Test

DCM Advanced Shooting Test

Hi guys I'm wondering has anyone here experience with the DCM advanced shooting test? Approximately what size is the score ring for the test? Many thanks in advance.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    dredlad

Not sure this is exactly the same, but are you talking about the Advanced Shooting Test that's part of the BDS Deer Management course (see http://www.bds.org.uk/deer_management_course.html)?

If so, see thread here: http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-Shooting-test where it describes the test. All 9 shots have to go into the prescribed area.

The target is the now-standard BDS black roe silhouette: http://www.bds.org.uk/STALKF2E So the killing area is the same as on the shooting test for the DSC Level 1.

If you PM me your email address I can email you the full details of the test.

Apologies again for my ignorance if I've got it wrong!

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 29-09-2011 at 21:52.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Sorry willie the deer management course is what i meant. I meant to abbrerviate it as DMC not DCM. Your links have been helpful, thanks.

Hi dredlad.

If you are doing this course soon, good luck, it is a good course. Would advise a few goes at practising the test itself, so you will know what to expect. The timed shot sequence seems to fluster people, but the time is there. Again practise the test from end to end, and it will go well for you on the day. The target is on display during the course, so keep looking at it, to familiarise yourself with the target area.

Would advise a good set of adjustable sticks, rather than anything fixed. So you have options for the shooting positions on the day.

All the best.

Neil.

I used my 24inch bipod and found it really useful, made to start with it folded up for the timed bit, as said just take your time you have longer than you think on the timed part of the test, did mine this year and a lot of people failed but where able to re take the bit they failed.
    Good luck.

Tony

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by cookingfat View Post
    I used my 24inch bipod and found it really useful.

Tony
    +1 on this. I had my bipod (13-27 I think) on the rifle, but legs have to be folded up. There's plenty of time to take the shots.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!