Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Head Torch Recommendation

Head Torch Recommendation

EOS | Princeton Tec

I use a torch almost every time out at sika, whether for finishing off a gralloch, dragging the beast or just walking back to the vehicle. They always seem to come out 5mins before its dark!!!

Anyway, I always carry a torch and have a couple spare in the landy, including a cheap and nasty head torch which is great for leaving the hands free.

I had read a few articles on the above companies products and bought the one featured in the link. There is just fields round us and no street lights so again walking dogs last thing is always with a torch. I was a bit dubious about spending 40 on a headlamp but after trying it out a few minutes ago, talk about impressed!!!

I am not going to repeat the bumpf that is on the website, but the beam it throws is wide and gives a superb field of view. I think they are being a bit conservative with their distances of illumination to be honest as it lights up a huge area of ground.

I almost shelled out for the model above this that has a separate battery pack, but one of the reviews I read said, 'who actually needs this much illumination...?'

Cannot recommend it highly enough.

If you look at the different models, they do one that has different coloured filters on it including a blue one for tracking blood.

Did you import from America or buy from a UK retailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Did you import from America or buy from a UK retailer?
    Amazon!!!

I saw them a wee bit cheaper in other outlets online, but was a bit wary as I had not heard of them. I have bought from amazon a lot of times with never a glitch...

Are you any good with a video camera? You could show us how good it is. I have gone through three so far upto 20 quid in price. All either fell to bits or not enough illumination. I use one of them as a marker for returning to a dead beast in the dark with a vehicle.

They do look good, just a pity no red LEDs. For the money, these are a great alternative and have worked well for me stalking and night fishing

Energizer Extreme Cree LED Head Torch.
    1 Cree LED.
    2 Red LEDs.
    3 brightness settings.
    Headlight pivots allowing you to point the light where you need it.
    Max run time 20hrs.
    Weatherproof.
    Shatterproof.
    Batteries required: 1 x AAA (included).

16 at Argos

Steyer - you should get one of these 40 Bushnell - Original Backtrack
    A mate has one - a bit high tech for me

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    Are you any good with a video camera? You could show us how good it is. I have gone through three so far upto 20 quid in price. All either fell to bits or not enough illumination. I use one of them as a marker for returning to a dead beast in the dark with a vehicle.
    I actually found footage on Utube of a different model I was consideraing but from the same manufacturer. This one may well be on it as well. I looked at a lot of feedback on this model and could not find one negative comment about it.

The strap is well made with a very easy method of fixing to the actual unit, it took about 3 seconds. The Strap buckle doubles as a means of loosening the screw that secures the battery flap shut. It came supplied with 3 Duracells for it as well.

Petzl Tikka XP2 Core all the way, 3 different beams inc one red light, rechargable by mains or USB etc, always carry 3 x AAA as spares as it will conver to these instantly. Main beam casts about 100m infront so creates ample light when used in dense cover.

I use the LED Lenser, blinding bit of kit!!!!!