Double high seat plans wanted

The best I have sat in are the ones that Wayne (Ninja) Davies has had made. Loads of room for a couple of decent sized people, not the pygmies that some "double" high seats cater for. If you do a search i am sure this has come up before as John Robson (YRS) had some made as he liked Wayn'e so much.

I bought one from Grampian High Seats which is very well made, but it's never a double high seat.

Regards, Simon

Thanks flytie I have been in the grampian high seats quite a few times as my mate use to be a director of the company. And I know what u mean about size Im a big lad so dont want them to be two snug. I will try a search for Waynes thanks

Taht looks a good design Pete. What is it built of? I have a load of inch tube that is begging to be made into a high seat but it not sure if it would be rigid enough.

Jim

Thanks pete very use full. Flytie I could not find any thing related to wayne's seats so would be keen to see a picture if they are that good. Thanks for all your help :thumb:.

good morning i have some plans you can have but i have no idea how to put them on the site, if you have a fax no. i can send them to i'll fax them. or if some one can can tell me how to get them from my email to here?

Thanks pete very use full. Flytie I could not find any thing related to wayne's seats so would be keen to see a picture if they are that good. Thanks for all your help :thumb:.

CV, The best thing you could do would be to PM Wayne and ask him. He is a top bloke and I'm sure he will not mind.

I have done a search on the site and Mereside (different Wayne) is making the seats for John Robson of YRS, there are some pictures on the site.

Unfortunately I have not got any pictures of Wayne & Andy's seats, but they are good as many on this site will testify too.

I did find this one of Mereside's seat;
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?19535-Thanks-mereside&highlight=High+seats
One down the page built by Devilshdave;
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?2317-Building-a-high-seat&highlight=High+seats

But before you make any seats, price up what it will cost you and then ask this chap, this is from a piece I wrote earlier;
I cannot fault my PD High Seat, and would recommend them to anyone. You can ring Paul on, 07803035092 between 14.00 and 20.00. He is based in Abingdon, if that is south enough for you. He is to be found deer stalking in Wiltshire quite regularly. He makes a range of seats but will do bespoke ones to your requirements, fully galvanised.

I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Regards, Simon

Taht looks a good design Pete. What is it built of? I have a load of inch tube that is begging to be made into a high seat but it not sure if it would be rigid enough.

Jim

I have made them out of different guages depending on what I could scrounge, usually from the skips at work. One double (to a slightly different design) was made out of a retractible sun cannopy that used to be outside the league of friends shop (i got their coke fridge also). Inch tube of a decent wall thickness should be ok.

I have done different designs depending on the metal available but would make a couple of points

1) The comfort of your seat depends on the dimentions of the top i.e rail to back, seat to rail, seat to top rung (foot rest). These I always keep the same as the measurements on the plan and they work for me.

2) I now use flat bar for the rungs if I need to buy as they need less welding and give better grip.

Thanks for that. I'll mock the seat up with bits of timber to try out the dimentions first.

Back