Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 243 BRNO mauser 98 + P8 mod

243 BRNO mauser 98 + P8 mod

I have decided i need to sell my 243. It's a Brno BO98, based on a Mauser 98, factory reconfitioned and sportesized at the Brno factory in 2006 just before it was closed by CZ.

I bought it new a couple of years ago, and it has fired under 300 shots. Mechanically including the barrel it's perfect. There is the odd scratch in the walnut though.
    It has a 1:10 22" barrel, 5round magazine, custom bolt spoon handle, bedded in Devcon steel putty and free floated, is threaded with 1/2"unf, has a scope friendly safety and a wide leather strap. Also has a single set trigger which is also fully adjustable.

It shoots 1" groups unload tested, so will shoot very tight ones with a bit of developing or good groups with factory.

This is a great chance to get a proper mauser 98 rifle at a good price. I wouldn't be selling it if i wasn't moving to Australia and if i didn't have a 30-06. I will include dies brass and a few projectiles. Also a wildcat p8 moderator, in good condition but with a few surface marks.

450 ono face to face or ship to a dealer at cost. I'll get photos up ASAP
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Extractor has since been polished. Not sure about selling the 8x56 Doctor yet, if someone wants it make me an offer
    Last edited by harrygrey382; 01-10-2011 at 10:32.
    "A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition." -- Rudyard Kipling

Harry this looks a good sound honest rifle to me. Best of luck with the sale ( and as I've already said elsewhere, your move down under). I remember your thread about the bolt handle and thought then what a nice rifle this would make for you- or now someone else- anyone new to stalking wouldnt go far wrong with a Mauser like this in my opinion. I have a cz 550 myself in 243 and whilst not exactly the same is in a similar vein. So step right up folks!

Thanks devonoak, it sure is a nice rifle, and I'm sad to let it go. It certainly would make a good starter rifle - or just one for someone looking for a rifle using the best action ever designed!

Will split with the mod. After 130 for the P8

Quote Originally Posted by harrygrey382 View Post
    Will split with the mod. After 130 for the P8
    hi there would this mod be suitable on a 223?how many rounds have been through the mod and is it .25 or 30 cal.thanks alan.

Quote Originally Posted by foxnett View Post
    hi there would this mod be suitable on a 223?how many rounds have been through the mod and is it .25 or 30 cal.thanks alan.
    Hi Yep would be fine on 223. Not sure exactly what cal it is but a 6mm bullet only just fits through it so isn't more than .25 cal. It's proofed upto 222

Nice straight look'n rifle there Harry

Atb, with sale, and move "down under"

Rgds, Buck.

PS, you'll be hang'n up your guns then!! for a SURF BOARD + a couple of FOSTERS.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 03-10-2011 at 21:43.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

ha ha thanks Buck. The guns may still play a minor role with the vast herds of pigs and goats though!

forgot to ask is this mod on ticket pal?