Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangefinding bins

Rangefinding bins

Has anyone actually tested the distances that the manufactures state ie 1200 metres. And are the main three all much of a muchness ( zeiss, swarovski and leica)
    Your thoughts.

Leica work at well over what they say they should. On a good clear day mine will register 1500m. Got a shot with the Zeiss ones the other week, clearer to look through than the Leica and every bit as accurate, only downside was they were slightly heavier than the Leica's and more exspensive
    Al

The Swaro work very well and accurately to 1500m.

To test mine I pinged a hay shed on the next farm. It came up to something like 1448 yards. I took two large steps forward and did it again and it came up 1446 yards.

I think the Swaro is very accurate.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    The Swaro work very well and accurately to 1500m.

To test mine I pinged a hay shed on the next farm. It came up to something like 1448 yards. I took two large steps forward and did it again and it came up 1446 yards.

I think the Swaro is very accurate.
    Have you already got your hands on a pair of Swarovski EL range ?

Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Have you already got your hands on a pair of Swarovski EL range ?

Sticks
    Sticks, I just realised ye guys were discussing Rangefinding Binoculars rather than just LRF's, sorry. My Swaro are the 8x30 SLC LRF's.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

So if you can't say pick up a target at 500 would they b battery problem or is it that the laser is not rebounding back. This is directed to ranger 22

Hi Steyr,
    I tried my Zeiss binos on the 1200 yard range at Bisley and it measured exactly 1200 yards - I was impressed, Thanks

I also use leica, as Ranger22 said in good weather around (1500m) mark.

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    So if you can't say pick up a target at 500 would they b battery problem or is it that the laser is not rebounding back. This is directed to ranger 22
    There can be a big difference between reflective targets like buildings, targets, trees, etc and non-reflective targets like deer, especially at range. The old rule of thumb was half the stated range for non-reflective targets, but depends on the power of the laser. The old swarovski one was noted for being particularly good/powerful, but much more expensive than the comparable Leica LRF/CRF models. How the bino rangefinders compare, I don't know, but the little Leica 1600 CRF is fantastic, as are all the CRFs depending on what you want to use them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Steyer 6.5 View Post
    What was the weather like? Misty and wet conditions can cause poor readings. If its good weather and not rerading try another object to range on if that is the same i would change the battery
    Al