Prvi Partizan

bills

Does anyone know where Prvi .223 ammo can be bought in the Beds, Herts or Cambs areas?
Need some cheaper supply of ammo and not got into reloading yet. Hopefully someone on here might know of a supplier local to me. thanks

Does anyone know where Prvi .223 ammo can be bought in the Beds, Herts or Cambs areas?
Need some cheaper supply of ammo and not got into reloading yet. Hopefully someone on here might know of a supplier local to me. thanks
Stutley Bros stock some privi and if you commit to a batch they will get other calibers in.

Oh! Thanks Pierred. I know them quite well, I thought I had asked them before (a while ago now) and they said no. Maybe I got mixed up, will ask again, thanks v much

Excellent advice and I actually planned to only grab one box to see how my gun eats them before ordering more. Some have great experience with them, some terrible. Suck it and see time, well the target can do the sucking!
Thanks

hi
i went to henry kranks as its nearish to me the other week as i fancied trying some in my 25/06, but was told that they had none in stock and prob wont have any again as they are having to order larger amounts now in order to buy them, and so said that less popular calibers such as mine wouldnt be worth it to them anyone else heard this ???
all the best
jimmy

used to use prvi from kranks but then got a shi7e batch and was getting 2 groups on paper. The empty case weight varied masively so went off them. This was in 308.

thanks v much Eldon, good to know that. Will try a box of 20 and see how my gun eats them

privi

hi
i went to henry kranks as its nearish to me the other week as i fancied trying some in my 25/06, but was told that they had none in stock and prob wont have any again as they are having to order larger amounts now in order to buy them, and so said that less popular calibers such as mine wouldnt be worth it to them anyone else heard this ???
all the best
jimmy

hi,
Yes, tried to get some to try in my 7mm-08 recently and got same story, so bought another 100 norma cases instead, ouch.

I bought 40 Prvi's before for my .270 and it loved them, burnt a bit hot and was dirty, but they shot fine. Whistled up another 100 from an RFD and they were so inconsistent it put me off them forever! I think on the whole, Prvi is cheap for a reason, a bit like Netto. Why don't you join all us Yuppies and buy some "Deerer" stuff?:D

He he, thanks Digger, ooops you dropped your Filofax Rodney :D :D :D
I am all for spending money when it buys quality, I just don't automatically believe that price means quality. It used to in the old days, before marketing went nuts. These days you can buy the same telly for 5 different prices from £200 to £700, all from the same factory and identical in every way except for the badge. Then its just down to who wants SONY on their telly and who wants LG or whatever!! However I do think that there is enough comment in here to confirm that there is a definite reason why Privi are cheaper, and so I may not even bother trying 20 of them. I am hoping to start reloading at long last, so maybe now is the time :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, I am off to order a Penacolada. :D

He he, thanks Digger, ooops you dropped your Filofax Rodney :D :D :D
I am all for spending money when it buys quality, I just don't automatically believe that price means quality. It used to in the old days, before marketing went nuts. These days you can buy the same telly for 5 different prices from £200 to £700, all from the same factory and identical in every way except for the badge. Then its just down to who wants SONY on their telly and who wants LG or whatever!! However I do think that there is enough comment in here to confirm that there is a definite reason why Privi are cheaper, and so I may not even bother trying 20 of them. I am hoping to start reloading at long last, so maybe now is the time :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, I am off to order a Penacolada. :D

Mange tout Bills, Mange tout! Bonjour!:D

. These days you can buy the same telly for 5 different prices from £200 to £700, all from the same factory and identical in every way except for the badge. Then its just down to who wants SONY on their telly and who wants LG or whatever!!

I strongly suspect that these days the same is true for binos and scopes. The only way of avoiding this pit-fall seems to be to spend serious dosh on European optics, which is annoying for a Yorkshireman. (where's the tight fisted emoticon?)

I recently bought some Hornady TAP ammo from Stutelys quite cheap ish to and my Sako 75 loved them . Might be worth a try just an idea

I've got some RG 5,56. If you're interested I'll be at Bisley over the weekend but I must know tomorrow (Thursday) so I can pack them.

Thanks Dodgyrog, I won't be able to get to Bisley unfortunately. Thanks anyway. What is RG by the way?

Foxer1 - What is TAP? Never heard of those rounds, what weight and speed are they? Expanding? Thanks

For TAP details see below .... nothing special apart from nickel-plated cases which look cool but offer mixed blessings for reloading.

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Ammunition :: Rifle :: Choose by Caliber :: 223 Rem :: 223 Rem 55 gr TAP® FPD™

RG is Radway Green military FMJ, which is loaded with very long 62gr FMJ ( i.e. not for quarry use) This needs a faster twist of barrel rifling - 1:8 or 1:9. Otherwise these can tumble in flight at short ranges ..... even below 100 yds.

Nothing wrong with RG cases or the loading consistency of RG ammo - but the bullets are crap which makes the POI somewhat unpredictable . Good for covering fire, and making the enemy keep their heads down.

Back