Zeiss scope

BIGRED

What would be a fair price for a 2nd hand Zeiss Victory 6x42 going to look at one tomorrow evening
Thanks

31 veiws no replies..Ok would i be better to give £350 for the Zeiss or £500 for a new S&Bender

is the s&b a 6x42 as well ?

i just picked up a s&b 6x42 for £200 pound which is a steal. just offer the guy 300 for the zeiss see what he says

I think the S&B is 8x56 have to check in morning..local dealer has them..Ive since been offered a 6x42 S&B for £300 by Pm .so the zeiss offer will be the same £300

If it helps, I picked up a Zeiss 8x56 a couple of months ago from Macleod's for £375. My original Zeiss 6x42 (which I still have) I think was £250 about 10 years ago and if I sold it now I'd expect to get around the same money for it. That's part of the reason why I'd always go for Zeiss/Swaro/S&B.

willie_gunn

I would say £300-£400 depending on condition. They are about £625 new I think.
The Diatal 6x42 is a classic and a benchmark against which others are judged. If it is in good nick and you like the reticle, go for it!
But if you are looking at the S&B at £500, would take a look at the Kahles 8x50 that MacLeod's have with the illuminated reticle. A cracking scope...

Last edited:
Back