Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myself and 3 mates fancy a boar shooting holiday no gear no idea

Myself and 3 mates fancy a boar shooting holiday no gear no idea

As above really we want to try boar shooting abroad but have never done it before. We all have FACs but only 243 so would need to hire guns and have some practise using them, would exspect a day on a range first. Could any of you wise people out there advise please.

Have a look at Sporting Agent, Bryan Nelson.
    He is getting up a trip in November, not sure about availability of rifles/shotguns though, speak to him.
    His trip is scheduled for 17th to 21st in Croatia.
    Good luck.

Trip to bulgaria 18th-22nd December for boar with unlimited predators inc wolves for free, places available. Semi auto shotgun with slugs is ideal, drop me a pm if you want to know more. I went for the first time last year there and it was amazing. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by dorg View Post
    As above really we want to try boar shooting abroad but have never done it before. We all have FACs but only 243 so would need to hire guns and have some practise using them, would exspect a day on a range first. Could any of you wise people out there advise please.
    Any update on your decision yet ?

hi just looking through forum about shooting driven wild boar as i fancy having a go myself. i also have fac 243. and shotguns but no experiance with boar , just wondering if you managed to sort a trip out and if you did how did it go cheers.

The trip scheduled for the 17th to 20th November with Bryan Nelson to Croatia did not come off but I managed to get a trip for the same time frame with Steven Duncan of Woodmill Shootings to Poland.
    Excellent trip, the weather was good to us, the ground, accomodation, transport and the group I joined were good company.
    There were plenty of Boar seen but unfortunately I only got two really good opportunities so didn't shoot many.
    Went again in December with Frank Ille of Basswood. Well that was really something. The first day we only shot eight but saw plenty but not in range or too quick.
    The second day we saw plenty and managed to shoot sixteen between us.
    The third day was absolutely disastrous, we only shot eight.
    The reason was that there were so many pigs coming out it was like black treacle pouring out of the wood blocks.
    Groups of thirty, forty and fifty at a time, they were so closely bunched and moving so fast we could not select individual pigs to shoot, but boy what a sight.
    I am booked on a trip to Hungary 20th of this month, this is only a two day shoot, travel out Friday, shoot Saturday and Sunday and travel home Monday.
    There were seventeen of us going but due to Christmas and family commitments we are now down to nine so it should be fun.

damn, I wish I could have seen pigs like that!

I have been on driven boar hunts for several years now, my first was 1965 but in all that time I have never seen so many out of one block of woodland/scrub.
    I have seen large groups but normally only one such large group from any one drive not three large groups from just the one.
    That was not normal but we had been hunting the 'next door' area the previous day so they could have been bunched up from that day.

I don't know if you are still interested and can go quickly, but I got a great offer from lasarotta.co.uk just the other day. Might be worth checking them out.

Eddy
    Glad you had some good sport with Frank .

Bob
    "a man does good business when he rids himself of a turd"