Deer Stalking - Anyone know these people?

bills

Hi all, been looking for some deer stalking in south east and found Turvey Stalking

Seems a lot cheaper than all the other ones I have looked at, and no trophy fees. Trying not to be negative but the low cost made me a bit curious as to why its so cheap! Does anyone else have any knowledge of this stalking opportunity or the guys involved? Basically, is it any good?

I know someone who lives in the area around this shoot and they say its packed with deer so I might just go along and try it out, but be grateful for any comments from people who might know more about them.

Thanks muchly

Are they cheap or are the others expensive , that's all I charged for fallow and roe no extras, if they own the land, there costs are lower.

Hi Taff, thanks. I hadn't thought of that. Don't know much about how stalks are organised but thats a good point. Will email them and maybe ask if they own the land. I don't know why but I just sometimes feel if something is cheap then there is a catch, maybe I spend too long on Ebay!!!!!
Good point though and if you think thats reasonable if land is owned then I am game to try them. If anyone else has used them please PM me or reply here, thanks

Bills offer to pay at the end of the day, if they agree you know they Are honest, looking at there web site they have a pheasant shoot so the deer are regarded as vermin and a add on as they are extinguish there pheasant food.

not that I am picky (much) but the site has no human contact details, phone number or physical address. The email address to contact is a graphic not a link or text to copy but a days stalking is worth £120 of my dosh if it's legit.

Thanks Taff. Not sure I feel comfortable asking to pay at the end, since there are so many scammers out there these days that I might make them feel I am one of them looking to buy a dinner then leg it out the door! I might pluck up the courage. Will get in touch and see how the land lies. A lot can be gleened from a personality in my experience, so since nobody seems to have any prior knowledge of these people I think maybe I should start by getting in touch for more info. Will post back.

Paul - thanks for that also. You are clearly of a mindset similar to me, i.e. its wise to actively look for red flags because if you dont you kick yourself later for ignoring/missing them!! For what its worth, I am a web designer myself and have had a lot to do with online promotions, sites etc. This graphic is a common trick designed to prevent spam bots trawling the web at a million miles an hour harvesting any text which get auto-added onto spammers databases. Sometimes I have seen spam start flooding in within a few hours of posting an email address as text on a site or forum. I don't have any concerns with that particular point as it is the safest way to publish an email address in my experience. The nature of spammers is that they use fast software and can't be bothered to type in emails, if it isn't harvestable as text its ignored, a neat spam prevention idea. That was until some really clever software was developed which can now read text rendered as images! So they say anyway. Time for new methods I think!
Will contact them and see if anyone is on the end of it though!!!
Cheers chaps

Looks very professional to me, contact is always better via e mail for first contact as there is nothing worse than ringing up and getting no reply because the man is busy stalking etc.
Bill, if you do a runner they call the police and report you for taking goods by deception, plod then says you are not a trust worthy person and revokes your firearms cert, end of your stalking activities, having threatened a bloke who bounced a cheque on me for a gun with this I can assure you it works.

Last edited:
not that I am picky (much) but the site has no human contact details, phone number or physical address. The email address to contact is a graphic not a link or text to copy but a days stalking is worth £120 of my dosh if it's legit.

My thoughts aswell Paul

I would prefer to see a contact name

looking at their T&C's without their offer it is £85 per stalk or £150 for two M&E still not bad as there are no extras for the shot or Trophy but if you are going to book i suggest that you read the T&C's first

ATB Paul D

Looks very professional to me, contact is always better via e mail for first contact as there is nothing worse than ringing up and getting no reply because the man is busy stalking etc.
Bill, if you do a runner they call the police and report you for taking goods by deception, plod then says you are not a trust worthy person and revokes your firearms cert, end of your stalking activities, having threatened a bloke who bounced a cheque on me for a gun with this I can assure you it works.

Ha ha ha, point well and truly taken!! Yeah I never thought of that, damn and there I was, planning a hit and run :D

Paul, re the email I am not concerned at all, but yes I would prefer to see a real name and address. Fewer and fewer businesses/websites seem to publish this these days. Annoys me that, I am old school and like to know who you are and where you are. saying that, unless something is fishy, I suppose I can find out with an email. Sending one off now. Won't part with cash til I am totally comfortable, and may well suggest the pay afterwards approach like Taff suggested. Here goes....

reply received, seems decent enough

"Hi,
Thank you for your interest in stalking with us.
We have a relatively young mixed wood forest which has a large population of Muntjac Deer.
My main job is keepering the estate for a private annual Pheasant shoot.
Part of this job entails the control of deer on the estate.
The price of the stalking reflects the way that I feel about paid stalking in general (too expensive!).
I have the opportunity to sell some stalking for what I consider is a reasonable price and am happy to do so.
Obviously it is a limited resource and I have a good idea of what is around and limit the days available as I see fit.
We do not allow stalking on weekends or bank holidays so as not to affect people who like to walk!
As to name and contact details, well most people hide behind pseudonyms on the forums / web, I too like to be in control of my privacy, e-mail inbox and ultimately do not wish to advertise to all purely to protect my shoot and the hard work that goes into looking after it. If you wish to talk to me regarding this opportunity you are welcome to contact me on 0776761***** and we can discuss your questions.

Feel free to contact me any time.

Regards
Paul"

I think I will give this a whirl. Will report back if its any good.

I live not far away from these people and I put some surplus bullets and cases on here and they were collected by a guy called Alan who is connected to this stalking outfit (I think he is on here as j0e_bl0ggs).

Fortunately I have no need to pay for my shooting - but he was a very pleasant guy, very professional, turned up on time and knew his stuff (not that I is a hexpert by any means) but I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.

Nice piece of ground they have too.

No connection to them other than that.

Last edited:
I called the guy last night and he was playing poker. "off the top of his head he had nondates booked in and had to go back to poker"
He seemed legit on phone and I was going to call back today but due to work haven't had chance. I will book a day though.

Thanks Eyefor, thats good to hear, some face to face experience counts for a lot in my view. I have heard of jow bloggs on here somehwere. will find it and PM him too.

I live not far away from these people and I put some surplus bullets and cases on here and they were collected by a guy called Alan who is connected to this stalking outfit (I think he is on here as j0e_bl0ggs).

Fortunately I have no need to pay for my shooting - but he was a very pleasant guy, very professional, turned up on time and knew his stuff (not that I is a hexpert by any means) but I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.

Nice piece of ground they have too.

No connection to them other than that.

Thank you for your kind words Iain.
Connected yes in as much as making the web page. The stalking belongs to a friend of mine.

Wow! What other forum could I ask a question on and get this much of a result?! Perfick!!

So.... Alan is it? ..... I am thinking of doing a day's stalking at Turvey. Have you been, do you shoot much? If so, anything I should know or be aware of before going there?

Nice website work by the way!

Cheers

Wow! What other forum could I ask a question on and get this much of a result?! Perfick!!

So.... Alan is it? ..... I am thinking of doing a day's stalking at Turvey. Have you been, do you shoot much? If so, anything I should know or be aware of before going there?

Nice website work by the way!

Cheers
Thanks bills,
Contact the man via the web site he will doubtless sort you out.
I don't involve myself here with the external site as noses may be put out of joint.
I do not wish to be accused of advertising but it is a nice place.
Personally don't shoot it much, have not got the freezer room!

Ha ha, yeah point taken, thanks. I have 4 freezers so if you ever fancy a stalking partner and free meat storage (unless dogs learn how to open them) let me know :D:D:D:D

Back