Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just a wee straw poll

just a wee straw poll

would you be willing to pay more to have a standard set of rules nationwide with a definate timescale on applications , renewals and variations ?

Yes, and do away with the need to send off for variations,a firearm is a firearm, instant exchange on one for ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Yes, and do away with the need to send off for variations,a firearm is a firearm, instant exchange on one for ones.
    That will start in NI over the next few months. One-on, one-off for firearms within groups, 17/20/22 cf's, deer legal, straight swap a 243 for a 30/06 in the shop.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    That will start in NI over the next few months. One-on, one-off for firearms within groups, 17/20/22 cf's, deer legal, straight swap a 243 for a 30/06 in the shop.
    i hope the common sense spreads over here

Well, lets see what happens north of the border when we go to one force...

I am happy with the current set up.

Imagine what this could do for the gun trade in this country, and also how much money would be saved by the police, if you look at you fc it was designed to be rubber stamped on renewal, and columns for bought and sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sikashooter View Post
    I am happy with the current set up.
    you obliviously get your variations quicker than me lol

There is no doubt that it is now a postcode lottery, the interesting dynamic is that those who currently get a great service would not want to see that lost and those that currently get a poor service really want/need a better one. So I guess this debate will polarise.

I sent my ticket off two Saturdays ago asking for wild boar to be added to the conditions and for an ambiguity relating to expanding ammunition to be corrected. I also added a note explaining my recent and planned shooting activity and I asked if they would consider removing the passed land restriction for my .308. The fully amended certificate was delivered last saturday exactly 7 days later. My last renewal took all of 2 weeks.

Neil you are lucky, hants are six weeks for variations, upto six months for renewals