Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Rutting or not?

Red Rutting or not?

Just got back from Thetford and all the deer are hiding! Not a noise or a sign of the Red rut. A few hinds and calves were seen in small numbers, ones and twos but no stags! Very few deer seen in general, had to make do with a couple of Muntjac!

What are the Red doing in your area? I am sure the tropical weather has thrown the rut out and general deer behaviour?

Spoke to a mate who is Stalking in Perthshire near Blair Atholl. Nothing happening up there yet. He is hoping for the first frosts to get things moving.

Yorkie.

Nothing up on the isle of Lewis last week

Full swing up here gents.. The reds have been going daft for 10 days or more

They've been going at it like crazy down in Galloway for the past week+ My latest catches have been seriously stinky

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Just got back from Thetford and all the deer are hiding! Not a noise or a sign of the Red rut. A few hinds and calves were seen in small numbers, ones and twos but no stags! Very few deer seen in general, had to make do with a couple of Muntjac!

What are the Red doing in your area? I am sure the tropical weather has thrown the rut out and general deer behaviour?
    I was watching a very large Stag with a group of 15 hinds and calfs tue night very close to Thetford. he was calling so loud as he was back and forth through some cover crop, so im sure it has started.
    DTD

not yet , been out tonight on a permission on the suffolk border and not even heard a roar !

in fact i saw bugger all , so you done better than me with a couple of muntjac .

out again in the morning , im off to another red deer patch ive got just south of norwich so ill let you know what i see !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Good luck! Had the pup retrieving from the river yesterday!, he doesn't know he's not supposed to do that!

They couldnt be more "on", they have been for a week or so.

Good weights too!
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!