Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sika rut

Sika rut

I have spoken to alot of people in scotland and the red rut seems to be on and off depending on area, so was wondering if the sika are doing anything yet in the peebles area as up there next week

rgds

222cwd

They had started whistling a few weeks ago and a couple I shot recently were empty and smelly. Then the warm weather hit last week and everything went quiet. However, I was out on Sunday night and heard 3 stags whistling. Weather is forecast as getting down to 7deg towards the end of the week so things should really begin to kick off again...

thanks jamross lets hope they are or it will be a long week

7 days at Sika stags!!!! Whether they are rutting or not it will be a very tiring and looooooooooooooooooooooong week!!!

I was out with a guest over the last 2 days and watched stags standing side by side feeding among hinds. No sign whatsoever of any rutting activity. The one we shot today had a full belly. The mild weather really has put it all on hold just now.

The rut here started 3 weeks ago then stopped, hearing a few stags whistling but not many. Saw 12 stags feeding together yesterday on neighbours ground, strange year. The Reds are rutting, last 2 we got had empty bellies and were stinking.Hopefully the Sika will get going again shortly
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    The rut here started 3 weeks ago then stopped, hearing a few stags whistling but not many. Saw 12 stags feeding together yesterday on neighbours ground, strange year. The Reds are rutting, last 2 we got had empty bellies and were stinking.Hopefully the Sika will get going again shortly
    Al
    That about sums it up for us as well!

There is scrapes and wallows all over our ground as well from when it started to kick off.

I was speaking to sikamalc on the phone and he says they are whistling well up in sutherland.

sika are rutting in nw highlands misses shot 3 big boys last sat all empty and stinking all 3 to game dealers. shotz

Not seeing many scrapes or wallows here
    Al