Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When the only way is out...

When the only way is out...

My name is Iwrch and I am NOT a member of BASC.
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by southern_stalker View Post
    Feels good doesn't it!
    No, not really, but I was left with little alternative. Sad times.

(Edit: Apologies, SS. Didn't mean to rubbish your response. Just feeling totally gutted with the way things have transpired.)
    Last edited by Iwrch; 04-10-2011 at 21:39.

Know the feeling
    Save Water Drink Single Malt

It is a fast growing club lads.

M

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    No, not really, but I was left with little alternative. Sad times.

(Edit: Apologies, SS. Didn't mean to rubbish your response. Just feeling totally gutted with the way things have transpired.)
    I voted for you. No doubt your reasons are good but I haven't a clue what your reasons are... any chance of a full explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    I voted for you. No doubt your reasons are good but I haven't a clue what your reasons are... any chance of a full explanation?
    Thank you, Tamus. Your support is appreciated.

Quite simply, I feel that BASC has lost sight of certain of shooting's core principles and appears to care little for the consequences. Yes, I do expect high standards and yes, some might think I expect too much, but these are the standards that I was brought up to respect and which, no matter how commercially prudent it may be, I can find no excuse to abandon.

Can you please expand? What happened and you decided to leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Can you please expand? What happened and you decided to leave?
    I'm afraid it would be impossible for me to give my precise reasons for leaving without betraying the confidence of others. Frustrating, I know, but, I hope, another reflection of the high standards I seek to maintain.

What I will say is that I have lost all faith and trust in the the chairman and chief executive, neither of whom appear to have a shred of respect for the concerns of the individual member. Some would argue that the best way forward would be to remain a member and seek change from within. From recent experience I have concluded that such noble intentions count for little in the opinion of the current leadership and that the defence of standards comes a very poor second to the nuturing of commercial sponsorship. Obviously, it is in everyone's interests to secure the financial future of the Association but we should not lose sight of the fact that BASC is first and foremost a representative organisation, established to defend the noble standards of the shooting world. My own experience would suggest that key players within the association are willing to compromise the latter in pursuit of the former.

at the end of the day mate, they all p*ss in the same pot.
    I`m afraid when i die the wife will sell my gear for the price i told her