Night Vision Meet. Thatcham Berkshire

The Singing Stalker

I have organised a meeting down my neck of the woods
Date; 12th November.
Time; 6pm
Location; Thatcham Berkshire.

http://www.thetasteofengland.co.uk/

This is an opportunity for those with an interest in NV to look through other peoples scopes and for those who want to get into NV it will give them a chance to see what the differences between each is.I am intending to try to get some targets and put some reflective eyes on them and set them up at different distances so people can see possible ranges. But don't hold me to that.

Couple of people already said they will come so looking like we will have a few units to look through from Gen 1 through to Gen 111.
For those who have night vision and are happy to show up and display it, it is preferred that they are not attached to a rifle but if you can't take it off, please leave the bolt at home. Safety first so I don't get shouted at as this is a public place.
This is not a commercial event, just like minded people showing off their tackle.
huh.png

Please feel free to post to let me know if you are coming and if you can bring a unit with you. Cos I get nervous thinking what happens if nobody turns up!!! It's a good pub so there will be tea and coffee available as well as the all important beer. Afterwards we can retire to the bar and discuss the one that didn't get away but i forgot to take a photo of as proof :D

Any questions please feel free to ask

What units do you have coming?
Might be an idea to ask for some different day scopes so people can see how their add-ons function on different spec glass.

Where are you testing the nv? Might be a bit much ambient in that area to get the best out of it? What's the moon doing that night?

It is 2 days after the full moon. But as I didn't want to clash with the one up north I picked that day. specially as it is the only one that I am free for. (okay okay I didn't check)
So far there will be a few Gen 1 units, possibly 2 monoculars, a dedicated and an old cascade a PVS14, an archer D grade and a Yukon Ranger 3x. So far.
Ambient light shouldn't be a problem unless we have a cloudless night. But if we do have it will still give people the opportunity to check quality of lenses an all that.
Also will be the opportunity to tell tall tales of 90 kilo foxes that got away and for you to buy me lots of cider, they have about 7 different types in bottles. Rattler, magnum,bulmers, stowford, cidre, old rosie and then I am usually 2 drunk to remember what else. :D

I have just got off the phone with Nitesite and they are hoping to come down and demo their kit. So that will be interesting for people to have a look at in field conditions and possibly give them some feedback.

IMPORTANT. VENUE CHANGE
Due to the local Rotarians deciding to have a charity bonfire and fireworks display in the field next door I have had to move the venue.
The new venue is the;
Travellers Friend
Crookham Common RG19 8EA
0118 971 3156
See clicky below.
MAP OF PUB
Directions; From the A4. Head for Thatcham, then follow directions for train station. Go over the trainline and stay on that road. The pub is about 3 miles out on the lefthand side.
Good field out the back and we should be able to spot out to about 200 yards.
I even have some fox shaped thingies that people can look at and there may even be some horses out in the fields so you can see the real thing.

Shameless bump, but also just spoke to Jake from Nitesite and he has confirmed that he will be there with the unit.
If any other dealers want to come they are more than welcome but I would appreciate a PM so I can charge you the appropiate fee (1 pint of Cider :D)
The numbers of kit and people who say they are coming is going up so looking good.

Having spoke to various peole it is looking like we are gonna have pretty much everything. Even an old WWII niight vision.
The only thing I never thought about was a Thermal Imaging device. I would like to see one of those. Darn.

Now if everybody could start praying for a dry but overcast evening this Saturday

Back