2 cabinets in 2 counties ?? is it possible ?

mickyfinn

Is it poss to have 2 cabinets one in the county with address on for fac..and one at say my parents in a other county ?..reason i ask is some shoots are by my parents..and staying there some nights/early morns would be better than waking mrs up in middle of the night with her new job.

Mick

yes if you can show good reason, I know someone who has rifles stored in at least 2 counties due to his work and home address's being so far apart that he commutes on a weekly basis, (he also has a voracious appetite for Lee Enfields )

I feel it will depend on the Firearms depatments in the counties that are involved
I had this same issue due to having a home address in wales but worked in brum
Dyfed-Powys were happy with the situ but West-mids were not
best option I would imagine is to get your parent/s to apply for an FAC and hav a borrow and use condition put on all of your calibres
that should do the trick

yes, but so long as the second cabinet is secure and ideally inspected as such. Security of firearms rest with you so providing you meet the standard requiements you can store the firearms there for use while on there 'hunting'

Mick

See my reply on other forum.

No reason why you can't. No different to country hotels providing cabinets for guests.

I did this with Derbyshire and Dumfries and Galloway, I told them I wanted to leave guns that I used in Scotland at that address because of the security issues when transporting the guns, they never even inspected my second address just put a note in my file of my second address.

ATB

Tahr

Cheers guys..will look into it when in UK but as said security with 2 cabinets at both locations is a must.

Sion..ive had it with cheshire mate..may be moving ..ha

Mick

Why bother even telling anyone? It is not against the law to travel with a firearm and store it temporarily in any other place. As long as you hold an FAC for that firearm (FAC has national recognition, it isn't regional), and you can demonstrate that you are taking adequate security measures to prevent unauthorised access you are not breaking any laws.

Just asking buddy..as we all know different counties interperate the HO guidelines differently and as i am with cheshire at the moment they are not the best to deal with...and make up there own laws.

Mick

I have an FAC issued by Northumberland. It has a condition that I can also store my firearms at my girlfriends address in Lincolnshire. Lincs police came out and inspected the cabinet at the second property.

Why bother even telling anyone? It is not against the law to travel with a firearm and store it temporarily in any other place. As long as you hold an FAC for that firearm (FAC has national recognition, it isn't regional), and you can demonstrate that you are taking adequate security measures to prevent unauthorised access you are not breaking any laws.

So long as you spend more than half the year at your home address where the guns are shouldn't matter to the police and really is none of their concern. I may spend 4 months away from home and decide to install a cabinet elsewhere, not their problem. If your guns were stolen from an alternate address and they were not in a cabinet questions would be asked. A second cabinet is a sound precaution but not something to concern the police with.

Harry mac is right and as the others have said it is your responsibility. If either of your parents have reason to have a FAC, you could get a sharing condition so that you can both use and hold ech others guns. :)

Harry mac is right and as the others have said it is your responsibility. If either of your parents have reason to have a FAC, you could get a sharing condition so that you can both use and hold ech others guns. :)

LOL..no parents wont and cant hold FAC to old..although father is ex forces hes now 70 i think or almost..lol..but thanks for suggestion..they will only be there when im there..for a day or 2 so will install cabinet and inform my local force.

Cheers to everyone for there input

Mick

LOL..no parents wont and cant hold FAC to old..although father is ex forces hes now 70 i think or almost..lol..but thanks for suggestion..they will only be there when im there..for a day or 2 so will install cabinet and inform my local force.

Cheers to everyone for there input

Mick

I sincerely hope almost 70 does not make one to old, mine is up for renewal when I'm 72 and God willing I will be renewing it.

Back