Thread: firearms department northern ireland

firearms department northern ireland

credit where credit is due. It looks like the firearms department have really started to take notice of the shooters and dealers in n. ireland. It is not that long ago that our applications and variations were taking between 8-12 months.

My fac was renewed in march and i was granted another barrel for my sauer but i struggled to find one and as i was traveling to WMS in april i had to ask for the .30-06 barrel to be removed and the certificate issued. I bought a barrel last week and asked the dealer to fax a bill of sale through to the firearms dept on thursday afternoon. I sent in a cover letter and a cheque on friday last week and the certificate was with me today, posted out on tuesday. i called in yesterday expecting to beg with them not to have to fill in the complete variation pack etc and the lady was surprised i hadnt received it yet .

well done keep up the good work

keith

I'm hearing reports similar to yours, it is truly amazing compared to what we had only a while ago. I've been too frightened to put my FAC in to add anything as I travel with my rifle a bit and in the past such a change would have taken a year. I'd have wanted to put the rifle on the plane/boat 2 or 3 times in over that year.

We must also give credit to BASC for this as they met with the minister and pushed for the improvement. Tommy Mayne seemed to lead the charge. So, a big thank you to Tommy and BASC.

Quote Originally Posted by caorach View Post
    I'm hearing reports similar to yours, it is truly amazing compared to what we had only a while ago. I've been too frightened to put my FAC in to add anything as I travel with my rifle a bit and in the past such a change would have taken a year. I'd have wanted to put the rifle on the plane/boat 2 or 3 times in over that year.

We must also give credit to BASC for this as they met with the minister and pushed for the improvement. Tommy Mayne seemed to lead the charge. So, a big thank you to Tommy and BASC.

Lads you are both correct, Tommy has done a super job on this over the past year.

I think I have had three variations this year, an additonal rifle, plus a couple of one - on, one - off's. They only took about a week each time.

Hopefully we will get the law change in the next month or two to allow the one-on, one-off for rifles and pistols to be done in the dealers shop. I might even go to the bother of getting a couple of pistols licensed. Something to do on winter nights...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

i was waiting on the one on one off to change my steyr 223 but with the improved turn around i will probably start to look for a replacement in the near future. might get the .3006 out for a trail run over the weekend, i opted not to get it screw cut as i the main reason i wanted was to shoot driven boar etc, so it is fitted with open sights , watch this space it will be a big difference from a modreated 6.5x55