Thread: Barnes bullets

Barnes bullets

hi

does any one have any experiance with the barnes TSX solid copper bullet?

i have heard they are very good but wonderd if they were more likely to ricochet than a standard lead and copper bullet.

steve

Hi Steve .

i use these woundefull bullets in my Sako .243 on deer, i followed the Barnes loading reconmemdations and found my rifle likes these loaded 50thou off the lands (other bullets 10-15) i can get sub inch groups @100m but just . mine are reloaded 1.5gr over normal max load (within Barnes data) and have experienced no over pressure signes .

i shoot mainly fallow deer and i have found these bullets punch above their weight and i have failed to recover any bullet from any deer i have shot some @ 200m +. they leave great exit wounds and very little bruising (almost none)

i have shot two foxes with them and the bullet expanded and left a great exit holes as well . the bullets i have recovered from targets and test media (wet argos books) all looked exactly like the pictures on the barnes advert with 100% weight retention.

i have not experienced any ricochet as of yet . i believe there is another bullet manafacture now making a 90gr copper alloy type bullet this one has a polymer type tip . Barnes bullets have one major problem ,the price they are expensive . i dont mind as i dont use them every day out target shooting only on the deer , Barnes bullets are like marmite you either love them or hate them ............. neil

Re: Barnes bullets

Quote Originally Posted by musty
    hi

does any one have any experiance with the barnes TSX solid copper bullet?

i have heard they are very good but wonderd if they were more likely to ricochet than a standard lead and copper bullet.

steve
    steve just copied this from the posting of barnes bullets posted by Dickie on page 3 of this section
    this link is from Mark H's reply to that post
    http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...43/m/334107787
    i think it works