Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What's yor WORST bit of kit???

What's yor WORST bit of kit???

OK then, following on from the 'What's your best bit of kit' thread, what do you regret buying? Lets find out what we should avoid and why?
    I normally research most things before purchase, but I've still ended up with some *****!
    Here's a few to start:
    • 'Quick cam' hat! Cost me a fortune in import tax, eyeholes didn't line-up with my eyes. (and yes, I have 2 eyes in the normal position!)
    • Le Chameau Mouflon Plus boots. Very good walking boots and comfy. Squeak more than a 'buttollo' caller! Tried various leather products, waxed laces, etc.. Now very broken in and STILL Squeaky!!!
    • Gerber gut hook. (The one with the replaceable stanley knife blade). Doesn't work!!
    I'm sure there are more, but that's a start.
    What have you bought and wish you hadn't???!!
    MS

Laksen gaitors.
    There is a place on this planet for all of God's creatures, right next to my tatties and gravy!!!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Can't think of that much actually, but I would probably nominate:

1. A pair of Steiner binos, secondhand, but a waste of money
    2. Two rifle cases, neither of which will take a rifle/scope/mod/bipod combination

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

The ND3 Laser designator, quickly returned and replaced with a similar item made to order in the south. Both items where ineffective, over priced gimicks.

Expensive Le Chameau leather lined wellingtons that developed a split across the sole that the manufacturers were unwilling to repair or replace

Account Suspended
    1. A pair of Macgaitors, too warm in summer, rollup like a condom in the snow... lain in the cupboard for years now. Replaced by Chameau kotkor gaitors, with steel instep cord.

2. Gel-pack handwarmers, couldn't warm up a frigid gnats f****. Replaced by lighter-fuelled ones.

This is a little bit different but here goes.

A Niko stirling platinum 4-16x44 scope bought it got home put it an the mounts as i dropped the first screw bent down caught the table scope fell off on to kitchen floor which is tiled and useles it then became. Dented the front end and the eye releif focuse pushed in and would'nt come out. But i now use it as a spotting scope as it has a yard age up to five hundread yards.

Tripod sticks that have an extra section thats supposed to support the but. Pain in the but to use and the measurements are all to cock!

I have now come to the conclusion that my Swazi smock at nearly £400 is possibly the worst bti of kit I have bought, and know of several other unhappy and wet Swazi wearing stalkers.

Any other's?

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post
    1. A pair of Macgaitors, too warm in summer, rollup like a condom in the snow... lain in the cupboard for years now. Replaced by Chameau kotkor gaitors, with steel instep cord.

2. Gel-pack handwarmers, couldn't warm up a frigid gnats f****. Replaced by lighter-fuelled ones.
    What colour are the mcgaiters?