Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quad clothing

quad clothing

right lads anyone know of good waterproofs to wear on quad bike ?was out feeding this morning in rain and my dickies all in one which up till now has been great has leaked round the crotch area.i may be asking the impossible but any ideas.i can wear more waterproofs underneath but then you sweat like a pig and might as well be wet any way.cant avoid the rain but would like to remain dry????????????????? cheers rob

Quote Originally Posted by rob keeper View Post
    right lads anyone know of good waterproofs to wear on quad bike ?was out feeding this morning in rain and my dickies all in one which up till now has been great has leaked round the crotch area.i may be asking the impossible but any ideas.i can wear more waterproofs underneath but then you sweat like a pig and might as well be wet any way.cant avoid the rain but would like to remain dry????????????????? cheers rob
    Set of sailor/fshermans oilskins?

Nomad do I quad bike jacket, they also do breathable waders. Give Philip a call and tell him what you want.

Frogg Toggs seem pretty popular with bikers, breathable and fully waterproof, so I'm told.

I used to use just cheap pull over(breathable) from the local store, They don't last forever but at 15 last a few months and you only wear them when its wet.
    They roll up into their own bag.
    60 will buy you 4 pairs and last longer then trousers that cost 200
    Don't be bulling through bramble but just on the bike spinning they are great.
    Couple that with the matching top and a fleece neck warmer you can pull up over your mouth and ears and a hat with lug flaps your ready for action.
    Used these for 3 years i was spinning feed rides, if your not rough best way I think.

hi rob you want a viking wetsuit if theres an arco near you you will be able to get a smock and trousers will keep you bone dry all day long
    atb tom

Try www.montain-method.co.uk make great long jacket and trousers that are hard wearing ,lot of farmers buy these instead of Dickies,bit dearer but far better.

get youself a set of good quality oilskins such as guy cotten or helly hansen bib and brace and jacket they will last for years and keep you clean and dry you can get them in green so you dont have to go round like your auditioning for deadliest catch

I use these ,
    Elka Fishing Xtreme - PPG Clothing

Hardwearing and can cope with any bad Weather, normally last 2 seasons in my job where as Helly Hansen struggle to last a season if that
    Easy to repair if needed with a patch and a bit of glue
    Most impressive waterproofs I hav ever wore and I've tested out a few different waterproofs in my time

cheers lads thanks for advice warm and dry soon!!!!!!!!