quad clothing

rob keeper

right lads anyone know of good waterproofs to wear on quad bike ?was out feeding this morning in rain and my dickies all in one which up till now has been great has leaked round the crotch area.i may be asking the impossible but any ideas.i can wear more waterproofs underneath but then you sweat like a pig and might as well be wet any way.cant avoid the rain but would like to remain dry????????????????? cheers rob:confused:

right lads anyone know of good waterproofs to wear on quad bike ?was out feeding this morning in rain and my dickies all in one which up till now has been great has leaked round the crotch area.i may be asking the impossible but any ideas.i can wear more waterproofs underneath but then you sweat like a pig and might as well be wet any way.cant avoid the rain but would like to remain dry????????????????? cheers rob:confused:

Set of sailor/fshermans oilskins?

Nomad do I quad bike jacket, they also do breathable waders. Give Philip a call and tell him what you want.

I used to use just cheap pull over(breathable) from the local store, They don't last forever but at £15 last a few months and you only wear them when its wet.
They roll up into their own bag.
£60 will buy you 4 pairs and last longer then trousers that cost £200
Don't be bulling through bramble but just on the bike spinning they are great.
Couple that with the matching top and a fleece neck warmer you can pull up over your mouth and ears and a hat with lug flaps your ready for action.
Used these for 3 years i was spinning feed rides, if your not rough best way I think.

hi rob you want a viking wetsuit if theres an arco near you you will be able to get a smock and trousers will keep you bone dry all day long
atb tom

get youself a set of good quality oilskins such as guy cotten or helly hansen bib and brace and jacket they will last for years and keep you clean and dry you can get them in green so you dont have to go round like your auditioning for deadliest catch

I use these ,
Elka Fishing Xtreme - PPG Clothing

Hardwearing and can cope with any bad Weather, normally last 2 seasons in my job where as Helly Hansen struggle to last a season if that
Easy to repair if needed with a patch and a bit of glue
Most impressive waterproofs I hav ever wore and I've tested out a few different waterproofs in my time

http://www.hoggs.co.uk/sub_categories.php?catid=70

The cheap and cheerful farm water proofs .

The gortex stuff is good until it is dirty or where the straps of the roe sack lie on your shoulders it leaks .

If you want to go top end waterproof it has to be Swazi ,bib and brace trousers and pull over Tahr jacket are the best ive ever worn had them on in argyllshire yesterday and the rain never stopped all day .
http://www.swazi.co.nz/Online-Shop/Wet-Weather-Gear/

The old stags were roaring all day good to hear .

gotta go with cheap and cheerful dont think my boss would stump up for the expensive stuff :D. by about mid dec i always seem to ask myself why i keep snacking /spinning but it works for me so i wont change for now .hate being wet and cold must be old age creeping in lol

Back