Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Ejecting

Not Ejecting

My BSA first pattern Monarch in 270 has stopped ejecting cases out of the rifle it pulls them out of the chamber and does a half hearted atempt to spit them out of the rifle but does not do what it is supposed to do, so I have to tip the rifle on its side so that the empty case falls out.
    Can anyone suggest a cure
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Keith, does it have an ejector blade?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

No Steve it has a spring loaded button on one side of the bolt and a spring loaded clip on the other side

Time to speak to Kevin then!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I am eagerly awaiting his reply

Hmmm ok without seeing it I am wondering if there is a build up of crud somewhere stopping the ejector plunger from operating properly.

How stiff is the plunger to push into the bolt body?

It should require some effort.

Does the plunger actually move an with the bolt out does the plunger stick out?

If not then either crud is stopping it or there is a broken spring?

The other possible of cause is a broken extractor again without seeing it it's very hard to tell or advise.

I believe that John Knibbs still has the parts should they be required. Fitting them may be a bit fiddly as they are retained by small pins.

Kevin
    The spring loaded plunger does not have a great deal of spring pressure but is not stiff and it sticks out nearly level with the end of the bolt.
    The extractor hook seems to be fine.
    As the case comes out of the breach there does not seem to be enough spring pressure to fly the case.

Ahhh the plunger should be standing out proud. You have found your problem!

Sorry to say I do not have a photo of the bolt head and ejector and with no guns here at the moment cannot take one. However speak to Knibbs an he will sort you out the spring and possibly a retaining pin...JIC as i say they are small.

Thanks Kevin

If I can help I will.