Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cost of bullets

cost of bullets

hi just back from getting more bullet as i'm doing ma DSC1 coarse with Paul at Barony in November.I've been using winchester supreme 95 GR ballistic silvertip as they fire through my rifle very good.i had some left so didn't want to change because you need about 50 for the coarse and some practising , my rifle was scoped for them anyway. I nearly died, the first place i priced them was 44 for box of 20 and i was getting 80,not saying who,finaly got them at a cost of 122.40 for 80.think i will be looking to get a reloading kit now

Why on earth do you think you will need 50 for the course the most you will need is 20 maximim and that is taking into account a few practice shots.

my mate did it a few month ago and he was told to bring 40-50,not with PAUL another coarse,the were 243's

I would'nt rush into home loading everything seems to be going up in price bullet heads - powder you name it !

but how can you have two gun shops with the very same bullet charging nearly 14 as difference per box ,I think reload are the way for me

shooting test

Quote Originally Posted by big cat View Post
    hi just back from getting more bullet as i'm doing ma DSC1 coarse with Paul at Barony in November.I've been using winchester supreme 95 GR ballistic silvertip as they fire through my rifle very good.i had some left so didn't want to change because you need about 50 for the coarse and some practising , my rifle was scoped for them anyway. I nearly died, the first place i priced them was 44 for box of 20 and i was getting 80,not saying who,finaly got them at a cost of 122.40 for 80.think i will be looking to get a reloading kit now
    You get 3 attempts at each target so thats 3 x 8 = 24.I have been told to take 30 rounds with me for my DSC1

Worth a try, I use 95g Rem premier ballsitic tip .243 @ 23 a box locally, work well for me! 75g are good too! Quite a saving on 44!!

Big Cat, Have you tried PPU at around 12 a box, you may be one of the lucky ones that has a rifle that likes PPU ammo.