Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent Expansion of Armoury

Recent Expansion of Armoury

Due to a recent expansion of armoury I have fitted a second cabinet, the same as my original and secured the same way. Just need a bit of extra space.

The question is..............Does plod need to check it over before I use it, or will it wait unitl the renewal?

As long as your'e happy the structure is sound & would resist as usually required,I wouldn't worry, I have a total of seven safes/ cabinets, & only the first was ever looked at, can't remember when that was.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I also added a second one about 7-8 yrs ago..never informed them they just checked it on renewal...all was good.

i asked the fao when she was out doing my shotgun renewal, no probs at all with adding another

Notts always want to check them over before you can use them - better safe (no pun intended) than sorry ?

Cheers gents. Think I'll go with it until the next time they're round. Everything is the same as the old one which passed the check so all should be okay.

The biggest problem I've got now is that although my space shortage problem has been solved there is a very annoying space left in one of the cabinets.............might have to think about another variation!!!!!!!!!!

With North Yorks, they keep a record of the amount of secure storage you have. They came to visit after I installed a 2nd cabinet, but never did after I told them I swapped one for a bigger one, they just updated their records.

SD Regular
    Scott give lancs a ring just to check , ive installed a new ammo safe and they told me i need to have it inspected .

That was nearly 3 wk ago , still waiting .
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    Cheers gents. Think I'll go with it until the next time they're round. Everything is the same as the old one which passed the check so all should be okay.

The biggest problem I've got now is that although my space shortage problem has been solved there is a very annoying space left in one of the cabinets.............might have to think about another variation!!!!!!!!!!
    its catch 22 lol

same here when i put a secound cabinet in i never informed them just waited for the renewal