Rifle slings

hogey

What do you great experienced stalkers favour as your riflle sling.
Ruck sling,Driven Hunting Sling ( infront) or good old fashioned over the shoulder sling ?????
Your opinions welcome

Not that I'm stuck in my ways but I have just bought a cracking leather new, cobra style, over the shoulder rifle sling.

I've had all sorts,even had one made for me in USA all leather padded very smart,but,I have gone back to the old canvas and leather slings on all my rifles,I hate the neoprene,I find tghey tend to bounce about,but,I must admit I do like the look of the Niggleoh double sling although I have never tried one......yet!

M

I also gave the Niggleoh Double Sling some thaught but did'nt take the plunge, so it's the single that gets my vote !! :thumb:

Rgds, Buck.

What do you great experienced stalkers favour as your riflle sling.
Ruck sling,Driven Hunting Sling ( infront) or good old fashioned over the shoulder sling ?????
Your opinions welcome
hey there,had loads of different slings,some good some absolutly hellish,but now for a topp,top one if you dont mind parting with 50 to eighty quid.......blaser sling,i have a wide leather one with neoprene on under side,with a wee pouch at the bottom that holds two bullets,top kit and very well made,macleouds of tain have a wide selection,cheers.

Niggleoh single (1 broad and one narrow) i prefer the narrow. I also have a Harkilla back pack. The back pack is great if you have to drag a deer but does take some getting used to. I find it best to take the bipod off swell as it can stick in your back.

My mauser sling, it's so comfy and it does not slip.

Ecoman does the best value sling in the universe, but i'm not going to reveal his trade secret or steal his thunder. Suffice to say they are good quality leather, mostly covered in stippled rubber and come in pairs. A truly brilliant idea.

Simon

I really like my Z- Aim stalker harness.
You can use it conventionally over the shoulder and the secondary cross body strap holds it well and free's up you hands. Easy enough to deploy rifle too so a thumbs up from me.

Rb

I'm over the shoulder, now here is the question barrel up or down :D

Wide canvas sling over the shoulder accomodates both

Now do you carry your rifle barrel up or down?

When do you put a round up the spout???

Then how do you carry a loaded rifle??

? do you stalk woodland or open hill

either a nice old leather cobra style or niggeloh depending on whether Im carrying a roesack/rucksack or not, more often than not though its the leather one.

Back