Thread: Duralyt reticle??

Duralyt reticle??

Is it easy enough to pick up in low light as it seems pretty thin?
    cheers

Yes,I have one and they are great! Rich

Yes, I would agree. Just got one and am very pleased with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Is it easy enough to pick up in low light as it seems pretty thin?
    cheers
    No problems in low light, especially with the illuminated red dot, i have the 3x12x50, i know the difference in price (illuminated/non illuminated) can be around 300, but it is definatly worth the extra, i took a leap of faith when i bought mine on the recommendations of a couple of mates, never regretted it, whilst out during the harvest i was finding foxes with the lamp on a clear night then shooting on them on the stubble just using the scope, if you are anywhere near kent, drop me a line and come and have a look before you buy?
    The thin reticle also means it's a lot easier to zero and get a tight grouping as at 100m the cross hairs only cover 8mm of the target, zeroing on i 1" target at 100 is a sinch, whilst i love my S&B Klassik at 100 it is not as easy to get a consistantly tight group

Tikkat3

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    No problems in low light, especially with the illuminated red dot, i have the 3x12x50, i know the difference in price (illuminated/non illuminated) can be around 300, but it is definatly worth the extra, i took a leap of faith when i bought mine on the recommendations of a couple of mates, never regretted it, whilst out during the harvest i was finding foxes with the lamp on a clear night then shooting on them on the stubble just using the scope, if you are anywhere near kent, drop me a line and come and have a look before you buy?
    The thin reticle also means it's a lot easier to zero and get a tight grouping as at 100m the cross hairs only cover 8mm of the target, zeroing on i 1" target at 100 is a sinch, whilst i love my S&B Klassik at 100 it is not as easy to get a consistantly tight group

Tikkat3
    I concur.........I swaped a Swarf 8x56 for a Duralyt 3-12x50 and wouldnt go back now.

Very happy with mine.

I've used mine at dusk in Scotland in Nov, and still managed to place shot well.
    They are fine, but quite frankly if you can't pick it up then it's probably too dark to see your target properly.

Concur with the ease of zeroing but I do find it a little more parallax sensitive than I expected. Nothing that can't be solved by lowering the mag.

Out with one on a 17hmr last night, there are now a stack of rabbits that think it works fine in low light and under a lamp ;-)