Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Irish Sika Trip

First Irish Sika Trip

it being one of my Dream's to stalk Irish Sika. I done a Swap with a Irish stalker he came to me mid August and on Wed morning myself and 10yr old Grandson was picked up from Dublin Airport. The drive to my new found mate's was talk of Sika Sika and more Sika. That first evening i was to hear three Different Sika Stag's one of which came to the call but allthough i could have shot a Spiker the Big Lad did not offer a clear shot. A sleepless night followed with the noise of the Stag's stuck in my head. In the Dark the next morning we stood in typical Sika Country awaiting for a Stag to appear or Whistle sure enough with the faintest of light showing one called deep in the wood. Mark gave it a Whistle 20 min's NOTHING, so he called again whilst he was putting his call away 80yrs down the hill i saw the tip of a Antler the next second a Sika Stag stood on the bank on the edge of the wood showwing just his neck and head, slowly i placed the cross hair on the centre of it's Black Shaggy Mained Neck gentley touched the trigger the Forrest erupped as the unmoderated 30-06 Spoke My bream had just came true as 80yrd's away lay my First Irish Sika Stag Later that day i had another first and had a fantastic stalk into a Goat. All to quick my trip was over on every stalk i saw Sika and heard Many Stag's whistling what a place and cant wait till this time next year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06102011110_1.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	338.7 KB 
ID:	9625

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	06102011107.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	462.0 KB 
ID:	9626 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0004.JPG 
Views:	173 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	9627

Nice result Boydy

M

nice 8 point stag well done

Thank's Chap's got me bad though been trying to get a cheap flight back out asap

Was that around Ashford/Sugar loaf mountain? Used to venture out that way and stay in the glen view hotel, lots of sika about.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Dont know what it is about sika but i find them very mystical .Took me an age to shoot one and thats probably where the mysticism lies .I get a bit envious of you boys that have shot stags as thats my next adventure .Congrats on your stag mate ,hes a beauty .

Quote Originally Posted by foxdropper View Post
    Dont know what it is about sika but i find them very mystical .Took me an age to shoot one and thats probably where the mysticism lies .I get a bit envious of you boys that have shot stags as thats my next adventure .Congrats on your stag mate ,hes a beauty .
    Thank's mate id swap ALL my Stalking to have a regalar go at the Sika

Bet that was an experience for you and the grandson Boyd. Got my eye on one myself next year. Well done
    Atb Steve