Thread: dogs for deer

dogs for deer

looking for views on the basc dogs for deer course, there is one scheduled next month locally and i was wondering if it is worth the 90 for the day?. opinions welcome

thanks

keith

hi keith
    not been on the BASC course but been on one run by the NGO and it was very good and intend to attend the advanced day when it gets organized
    all the best
    jimmy

Hi Keith,

for 90 make sure the person taking the day knows there stuff and has a dog to back it up with a demo, I have been involed with ngo and bds days and both have been a lot less money, with some very good and knowleadgeable people who have had dogs to give demo's.

it's all very well someone stood there in frount of you telling you the way it done, but if they have dogs with them, to back them up, it makes it much more beliveable.

got an email today to say that the course was cancelled due to lack of interest. they may run it again in 2012

keith

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    hi keith
    not been on the BASC course but been on one run by the NGO and it was very good and intend to attend the advanced day when it gets organized
    all the best
    jimmy
    What would you like to see/learn on the advanced course?

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    What would you like to see/learn on the advanced course?
    hi baron
    id like to see rudi "sorry if thats not the correct spelling" the guy from belgium, as he really knew his onions, a mine of info and very polite/helpful. and lots of practical work for the dogs/handlers to learn from ie. previously laid trails and how to lay trails

whats your thoughts as to a days course baron ?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy milnes View Post
    hi baron
    id like to see rudi "sorry if thats not the correct spelling" the guy from belgium, as he really knew his onions, a mine of info and very polite/helpful. and lots of practical work for the dogs/handlers to learn from ie. previously laid trails and how to lay trails

whats your thoughts as to a days course baron ?
    Will have to talk to Mark to get funds to pay for Rudi's trip. It will depend a bit of we get a full house and where and when the course will be. Mark was talking about March.
    There should be no problem in getting somebody to lay a trail the day before and I'll bring some tracking shoes, hoofs and blood so that people can lay a trail themselves. Will also arrange for an HS. Practise is more fun than theory.
    Also have some DVD's that show you exactly how to lay a trail. Might use these when it rains.

George, could I get a copy of the DVD's?

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    George, could I get a copy of the DVD's?
    I send them to Mark. I also guess they are copy protected. Lastly they are in German but looking at the film only they are pretty comprehensible.

One is called "Verweisen" by Borngraeber.
    The other "Der faehrtenschuh" also by Borngraeber

Quote Originally Posted by barongcw View Post
    Will have to talk to Mark to get funds to pay for Rudi's trip. It will depend a bit of we get a full house and where and when the course will be. Mark was talking about March.
    There should be no problem in getting somebody to lay a trail the day before and I'll bring some tracking shoes, hoofs and blood so that people can lay a trail themselves. Will also arrange for an HS. Practise is more fun than theory.
    Also have some DVD's that show you exactly how to lay a trail. Might use these when it rains.
    exellent !!! obviously depends on location but if its travelable in the day count me and my GSP bitch in
    kind regards
    jimmy