Driven Boar

trev

A days practice on the range, followed by a great days shooting of driven boar.

PA050451.jpgPA050449.jpgIMG00439.jpgIMG00436.jpg
pencil.png

Hi Trev
Looks like had a cracking time ,where were you hunting???? The shooting cinema looks like Xanten in Germany????

Wayne

Evening Wayne,
I think you are right, I visited two. The first in the paderborn area and the second in the Munster area, Xanten does ring a bell. There was also a 100m pipe range with three lanes, and a small bar for a beer after shooting.
A question for you Wayne, as i am a range owner already, do you think a shooting cinema would catch on in the U.K.
all the best trev.

You would need a website !!!!

It was hilarious :)

I got a call from trev while he was on his stand

"Quick!!! bring more ammunition !! I've only got 7 rounds left !! I think it's soon going to be time to fix bayonets and sing Men of Harlech"

Mind you, the guy can shoot but don't let him near the karaoke machine ha!

Well done bud

Evening Wayne,
I think you are right, I visited two. The first in the paderborn area and the second in the Munster area, Xanten does ring a bell. There was also a 100m pipe range with three lanes, and a small bar for a beer after shooting.
A question for you Wayne, as i am a range owner already, do you think a shooting cinema would catch on in the U.K.
all the best trev.

Hi Trev

Yes sounds like xanten, I'm sure it would catch on in the UK its great fun and a good training aid.

We will be having a day at one in Germany in November again before we hunt, could get quite competive I think :D I was picking the small fast ones great fun.

Evening Paul,
Like most things it all depends what you want, one place i go to is 300euros for four days. Thats 7 outings sitting in a highseat, all pig ,small roe bucks & red calfs are included. Six point bucks and small stags are 60 euros extra. As a group of 3 friends we normal get 10-15 animals.
On the driven shoots its normaly about 150 for your place and then 50 euros for each animal.
There is shooting to be had for free if you are willing to help the farmers with crop protection, i.e. sitting in a highseat shooting the pigs by moon light.
I had 3 years of this 7 days a week, best night was 3 pig but 1 a week was about average.

That sounds too good to be true! so what is the story with qualifications and calibres allowed for the likes of me to go there as a newbie to euro hunting?

Back