Thread: dropping id

dropping id

Anyone tell me what did this,found on a small piece of new ground,I have found the odd munty slot,regartds Tony.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2357.jpg  

They could be Roe deer droppings,

Here is a guide to deer droppings on page 10 of this identification guide, that you might find useful,

http://www.erccis.co.uk/OneStopCMS/C...f10db5535b5e3b

I done my dissertation at University on estimating deer abundance in a woodland by counting their faecal pellet groups, I kept getting told it was nothing but a load of ****!!

Here is a picture of Fallow Deer droppings, that I took when conducting my survey for my dissertation,

I've just noticed you are from Shroshire, I went to Uni at Harper Adams near Newport. Shropshire is a lovely county, I was sad to have to leave it after I finished.
    Last edited by colly1612; 13-10-2011 at 17:57.

I have some ground south of shrewsbury with fallow and the odd munty, but never seen a roe in the area (although the ground would be perfect or them).
    Sinbad

dropping id

Thank you for your input,the trouble is the owner told me he has seen deer,on a regular basis.
    Though he is not that knowledgable as regards species etc.

So my next question is is it worth putting a high seat up,and get up there early morning to see what really is around.
    I always feel that on foot with binos only,still puts you at a disadvantage,as regards seeing what is actually,on the ground,Tone,

Quote Originally Posted by tony rentokil View Post
    Thank you for your input,the trouble is the owner told me he has seen deer,on a regular basis.
    Though he is not that knowledgable as regards species etc.

So my next question is is it worth putting a high seat up,and get up there early morning to see what really is around.
    I always feel that on foot with binos only,still puts you at a disadvantage,as regards seeing what is actually,on the ground,Tone,
    Could you not have a foray with a lamp one night? I find this is a very effective way of finding out what is on the ground. We use this method for our deer counts.

+ one with pip, use this method to keep an eye on the deer on our ground, or you could use a trail camera where you have found sign.
    sinbad