dropping id

tony rentokil

Anyone tell me what did this,found on a small piece of new ground,I have found the odd munty slot,regartds Tony.

Attachments

• DSCF2357.jpg
    DSCF2357.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 77
They could be Roe deer droppings,

Here is a guide to deer droppings on page 10 of this identification guide, that you might find useful,

http://www.erccis.co.uk/OneStopCMS/...de=link&guid=b1d4de4be0f54b74b2f10db5535b5e3b

I done my dissertation at University on estimating deer abundance in a woodland by counting their faecal pellet groups, I kept getting told it was nothing but a load of SH1T!! :)

Here is a picture of Fallow Deer droppings, that I took when conducting my survey for my dissertation,

IMG_0119.jpg

I've just noticed you are from Shroshire, I went to Uni at Harper Adams near Newport. Shropshire is a lovely county, I was sad to have to leave it after I finished.

Last edited:
I have some ground south of shrewsbury with fallow and the odd munty, but never seen a roe in the area (although the ground would be perfect or them).
Sinbad

Thank you for your input,the trouble is the owner told me he has seen deer,on a regular basis.
Though he is not that knowledgable as regards species etc.

So my next question is is it worth putting a high seat up,and get up there early morning to see what really is around.
I always feel that on foot with binos only,still puts you at a disadvantage,as regards seeing what is actually,on the ground,Tone,

Thank you for your input,the trouble is the owner told me he has seen deer,on a regular basis.
Though he is not that knowledgable as regards species etc.

So my next question is is it worth putting a high seat up,and get up there early morning to see what really is around.
I always feel that on foot with binos only,still puts you at a disadvantage,as regards seeing what is actually,on the ground,Tone,
Could you not have a foray with a lamp one night? I find this is a very effective way of finding out what is on the ground. We use this method for our deer counts.

+ one with pip, use this method to keep an eye on the deer on our ground, or you could use a trail camera where you have found sign.
sinbad

Back