Scanning and posting letters.

basil

Distinguished Member
I have received a thankyou letter from Katherine Farmer at the childrens unit.
I`ve scanned it and saved it on the pc but can`t copy and paste it, well it copies it but can`t paste it.
Any ideas please?
basil.

What format did you save it as. Also what size file. Often they scan in too much detail and so you are then trying to paste a huge file. Try scanning at a low resolution and save as a pdf

No highlight your text with the mouse then right click with the mouse and select copy as you would do. Then open word or the blank doc you want to paste too click on the doc so that the cursor is on the page. Then hold ctrl and press v this will paste, or should do

David

Basil,

When you browse to the directory on your computer with the file in it, select the file then right click on it and select 'Properties' from the menu. There will be a bit in there that says "Type of File". What does it say?

Depending what type of file it is will depend on how you can select then copy & paste the contents when it is open.

Mel

If it's a jpeg you will need to mask out the bit you want and then you can copy and paste that in to some other applications like M$ Office, LibreOffice (free) or other image manipulation packages bt it will be as an image.

What do you want to do with the letter? Can you scan it in to a more appropriate format such as PDF or use OCR functionality to convert it to text?

Mel

If it is saved as a jpeg you may not be able to copy the txt from the file , depending where you are trying to copy it to will affect how you do it?

Basil,

If you need more help give me a bell tomorrow and I will try and talk you through it.

Mel

If it is saved as a JPEG then why not put it on as you would any other photo?

John

Back