Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permission

Permission

Hi all, just wondered how people manage to come across permission. I know from experience that it's difficult as a falconer but i imagine there aren't many good stalking locations to go around? How do people get round this dilemma??

Thanks in advance

Joe

Knock on some doors then knock on some more doors.
    You have to expect nearly all knock backs but persistance normally pays off.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Unbelieveable!!! I really wouldn't expect that technique to work. I did the same with my Hawk for permission but i would have thought a Hawk after rabbits is more attractive to the general public than a man with a rifle after a deer. Still great to know there's hope. Cheers

get your dsc1 and put your name forward to fountain , FC , till hill ,, ps what do you fly?

Your hawk will be the best way in to any deer permision, it will alow the land owner to get to know and trust you without any major commitment. then once you've been there a while introduce the subject into conversation and see what the reaction is.
    I have managed to get two or three places because of my putting in the work ferreting and rabbit/fox control etc for a year or two to biuld a relationship with farmer.

Cheers guys, all good info. I fly a Red-Tail, Currently getting FAC & DSC1 in Feb. What's Fountain? Till Hill? FC? I'll do some digging on some of my existing permission.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    Cheers guys, all good info. I fly a Red-Tail, Currently getting FAC & DSC1 in Feb. What's Fountain? Till Hill? FC? I'll do some digging on some of my existing permission.
    They`re Forestry Commisions.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Understood, thanks again.

Still struggling to get that permission, maybe I'm not trying hard enough!! Time to up my game, do people literally find out where the wild deer population live then go knocking on those doors?? And how successful is it? Reason i ask is as you know, it's an expensive game to get into (DSC & Buying a firearm and kit etc). Don't want to find myself as an FAC holder with a posh setup who has nothing to shoot other than targets!!!
    Thanks in advance
    Joe

I think youll find that for the first coup,le of years you'll have to pay for days,accompanied probably then look towards syndicates or leases of your own you'll be very lucky to pick anything up of anyworth this early in the game,this isn't negative just the way it is ,stick with it and enjoy ,and I forgot to add those early days are always the most exiting ,as most members will agree
    Last edited by nemo; 30-01-2012 at 07:27.
    only when the last tree has been felled,the last fish caught and the last river poisoned will man realise he cant eat money