Anyone use a Mac?

Si

Mine's doing my head in.... when I click on anything a box appears with a list of options;

open link in new window
open link in new tab
download link As
download to bookmarks
copy link

and when I use the "back" button it says

keep item visible
open new tab
etc....

is there a way of turning this off?

Try checking your mouse button options..... ?

Never seen that happen, and I ve been using Macs for years....

B O L with it

P

sounds like your mouse options. When you go into options, mouse/keyboard just check what button does what and the right click says secondary button.

Yes, it's safari.

It only seems to do it on forums, the wife has no problem with it

Sounds like you have the latest mouse and OSX Lion ?
Mine does the same if I click on the right side of the mouse, which is as it should be.
Does the scroll function work as well, side to side and up down ?
if you go to system preferences you can change the way the mouse works, and turn off the right click option.
(if you turn it off you are stuck with the old control click)

Neil. :)

When I first saw the title I thought somebody has a MAC 10 for stalking/humane dispatch.:eek::doh::rofl:

ATB

Tahr

I recall from my childhood, think Peter Falk used one :D

peter_falk_1-1.jpg

Have you got the bluetooth mouse? Sometimes with mine if you click too far to the right it acts as a right click when you meant to do a left click. It could also be set for the opposite hand to what you are, (left or right handed) so it might be worth checking that?

Si, did you solve the problem. I'm at home now on my mac and still think its a stuck button problem. can't replicate it though!

I think I've sussed it... what I forgot to mention is that it's a Macbook, so no mouse.

The problem seems to be user error :oops: I noticed that when I left click, the little finger of my right hand is very lightly resting on the edge of the touchpad. If I move my right hand completely away from the touchpad it works fine. It's a much bigger touchpad than I'm used to and seems to be much more sensitive too.

But thanks for the suggestions... while looking through the settings and preferences and watching tutorials I've found out allsorts of things I didn't know you could do :D

Back