Thread: Insurance for tracking dogs and their owners

Insurance for tracking dogs and their owners

I asked BASC's insurance agent Marsh, the following question:

"If during tracking a wounded or dead deer my hound, working without a lead, causes an accident when crossing a road or suchlike am I, as the owner of the dog, covered by your insurance even if the deer was wounded or killed by somebody else".

The answer was as follows:

"I have pleasure confirming your BASC Membership Insurance will include your liability to the public".

Very satisfactory I think. Bravo BASC

PS

In my view this covers RTA's
    Last edited by barongcw; 13-10-2011 at 17:12.

I asked the same thing of SACS and received a similar reply - although it appears to be already covered on the website preamble:

http://www.sacs.org.uk/what-is-coverred-c36.html

I believe it is also not limited to UK only, but I've not actually had need to confirmed that yet. Note that 100k legal expenses insurance is also included which might prove handy for anyone who has a bona-fide firearms licensing dispute to at least have in their back pocket when push comes to shove.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I asked the same thing of SACS and received a similar reply - although it appears to be already covered on the website preamble:

http://www.sacs.org.uk/what-is-coverred-c36.html

I believe it is also not limited to UK only, but I've not actually had need to confirmed that yet. Note that 100k legal expenses insurance is also included which might prove handy for anyone who has a bona-fide firearms licensing dispute to at least have in their back pocket when push comes to shove.
    You are right. I also asked the same question to SACS. They too confirmed that I am covered.
    I thought their membership outstanding value for what they offer so I joined them straight away.