Thread: anthrax in hereford ???

Anthrax crops up in livestock in small numbers from time to time. The Ministry usually deal with it pretty quickly so I wouldn't lose sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    Anthrax crops up in livestock in small numbers from time to time. The Ministry usually deal with it pretty quickly so I wouldn't lose sleep over it
    Nightwalker, I would be really interested to know what the ministry can do about anthrax?

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

Probably a few spores imported on all those Afghan trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by flytie View Post
    Nightwalker, I would be really interested to know what the ministry can do about anthrax?

Simon
    Bury it Thats what minstries do best.

Before he retired my Dad was a vet in Smoerset and they had several farms with a history of anthrax. I used to go on his rounds with him and every so often I would be told to stay in the car while he took a blood sample from an unexplained death, just in case. He had a few scary days following an incedent when a farmer cut the throat of a sick cow and sent it off to the abbatoir where they noticed the spleen was enlarged so they put it in a plastic bag and took it into the surgery! It was a confirmed case but was contained. I think he said it responds to pennecillin if used quick enough.