Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tikka action fitting mounts.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

tikka action fitting mounts.

i have a 590 and the scope rings fit to the dovetail on the action IE no bases used,

can these be purchased in 1" as i can't find any anywhere,the rifle came with a 1" scope that was not fitted and all i have is 1" scopes

thank you

bob.

if not

does anyone have a set of 1" tikka rings and bases they can ship to me special delivery today,
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

There is a solution..............

SPORTSMATCH one-piece rings made in the UK at just 20 RRP. These are a functional and robust alternative to the proprietary 'Tikka Optilok 2-piece' set up.

I've used both, and realised what a mug I was to swallow the manufacturer's hype. You can buy 4 sets of these for the price of the Tikka mounts.

http://www.scopemounts.co.uk/tikka.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    There is a solution..............

SPORTSMATCH one-piece rings made in the UK at just 20 RRP. These are a functional and robust alternative to the proprietary 'Tikka Optilok 2-piece' set up.

I've used both, and realised what a mug I was to swallow the manufacturer's hype. You can buy 4 sets of these for the price of the Tikka mounts.

http://www.scopemounts.co.uk/tikka.html
    i have these here in 1" and they do not fit.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    i have a 590 and the scope rings fit to the dovetail on the action IE no bases used,

can these be purchased in 1" as i can't find any anywhere,the rifle came with a 1" scope that was not fitted and all i have is 1" scopes

thank you

bob.

if not

does anyone have a set of 1" tikka rings and bases they can ship to me special delivery today,
    Scroll to the bottom of this page for the 1" Onepiece mounts I use on a Sako Action;
    http://www.tikka.fi/pdf/specs/Optilocktechspec.pdf

I don't see why they wouldn't fit a Tikka 590, but you'd need to confirm this for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    i have these here in 1" and they do not fit.

bob.
    Then there's something wrong. All mine fit. Contact Sportsmatch who are very helpful.

Alternatively you can send them to me for free
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Blog Entries
    cheers lads seems i have a fellow countryman Alan
    in Scotland who has sorted some for me,

and a nice donation will be placed in th H4H here in Tidworth on his behalf by me.

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 14-10-2011 at 15:26.

Oh just noticed this and remembered that I picked up some steel bases with alloy 1" rings to fit the Tikka, just looked them out. Will get photos this weekend as am having a bit of clear out of stuff accumulated.

you can get warne ones in 25mm to fit straight onto the action. or optilocs. however sako and tikka bases cant be swapped around, the rings for the optiloc's can but not the bases.
    i would just stick some burris 2 piece bases on there bob.

then you can which ever weaver or picatinny rings for it you like. i have same bases on this m695 and prefer them to the optiloc's i have on my m595

and best bit they can be used on m590,m595,m690,m695
    and tikka t3
    Last edited by jay 22; 15-10-2011 at 13:02.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Oh just noticed this and remembered that I picked up some steel bases with alloy 1" rings to fit the Tikka, just looked them out. Will get photos this weekend as am having a bit of clear out of stuff accumulated.
    these wouls also be good let me know bud

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    you can get warne ones in 25mm to fit straight onto the action. or optilocs. however sako and tikka bases cant be swapped around, the rings for the optiloc's can but not the bases.
    i would just stick some burris 2 piece bases on there bob.

then you can which ever weaver or picatinny rings for it you like. i have same bases on this m695 and prefer them to the optiloc's i have on my m595

and best bit they can be used on m590,m595,m690,m695
    and tikka t3

i would like a synthetic stock at some point for my 590 action jamie, so i can get this very nice delux one of for some work on it to get it back to its best, got red wood tip and a nice cup at the base of the pistol grip too.

bob.