Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this what you guys call an open ticket ?

is this what you guys call an open ticket ?

the conditions on my FAC have been changed , the names of my grounds have been removed and it now reads like this

The undernoted firearms and ammunition including expanding ammunition or missiles of such ammunition to which this certificate relates shall be used for the purposes specifiied including zeroing namely 22IN CZ RIMFIRE BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR for shooting vermin ,

233 TIKKA BOLT ACTION for shooting roe deer and vermin
    243 TIKKA BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR AND 308 RIFLE BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR FOR SHOOTING DEER
    on land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class firearm from the person by whom the shooting rights are owned or whom they may be leased or otherwise obtained

Maybe i am being a bit thick but this isnt as clear as it used to be

thats what i like a short to the point reply,,, lol thanks

Looks pretty clear to me
    All it required is permission of the land or lease holder and job done
    I still need written permission and not verbal like what you hav

Just for us down here in sleepy Cheshire, do Scots flo's include Fox, in the term Vermin?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just for us down here in sleepy Cheshire, do Scots flo's include Fox, in the term Vermin?
    humberside have vermin, ground game and fox????

hmmm id class fox as vermin

A better term would be pest species maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    the conditions on my FAC have been changed , the names of my grounds have been removed and it now reads like this

The undernoted firearms and ammunition including expanding ammunition or missiles of such ammunition to which this certificate relates shall be used for the purposes specifiied including zeroing namely 22IN CZ RIMFIRE BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR for shooting vermin ,

233 TIKKA BOLT ACTION for shooting roe deer and vermin
    243 TIKKA BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR AND 308 RIFLE BOLT ACTION AND MODERATOR FOR SHOOTING DEER
    on land over which the holder has permission to shoot with that class firearm from the person by whom the shooting rights are owned or whom they may be leased or otherwise obtained

Maybe i am being a bit thick but this isnt as clear as it used to be
    No, it's not you being thick - it's your FLDs verbose method of trying to complicate what could be a simple condition. I note that there is no mention of use on ranges, is that deliberate or have they cocked it up by being too clever? Might be worthwhile checking it out with them otherwise it could be not you are not covered for that usage.

The condition they could have used - and which is helpfully written down for them in the HO Guidance to Police Appendix 3, (if only they'd follow it ) - could even be abbreviated to what they use down here in D&C land to cover all firearms on a certificate:

"The firearms and ammunition shall be used for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges, or land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot."

BTW. Fox also has a seperate section in the HO Guidance so isn't usually included within the term 'vermin'.

Do you also have the 'standard' condition allowing possession and acquisition of expanding ammo for all eventualities?
    Last edited by Orion; 15-10-2011 at 08:38.

hmmmm so i could be doing wrong shooting a fox with my 308??