Trail camera

I have the Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT with the colour viewer. It is easy to use and been reliable so far (had it about 6 months). I paid about £220 and got it from ExtremeGB. I think that you would be able get it cheaper. If yiou are getting one I find the viewer handy as you can check it in the field.

Anyone recommend a trail cam that is competively priced?

Sportsman gun centre sell a trophy cam with security case for less than £ 200. Down from about £ 350.

I have half a dozen and leave these in the woods for 6 months+.They still work perfectly.

I have Leaf River iR-3BU for sale.
works in colour and B&W, night and day, good battery control functions and sensitivity
Only selling as I bought three in a job lot and only need two

PM me

I have the Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT with the colour viewer. It is easy to use and been reliable so far (had it about 6 months). I paid about £220 and got it from ExtremeGB. I think that you would be able get it cheaper. If yiou are getting one I find the viewer handy as you can check it in the field.

+1

In fact the viewer is not necessary if you have a cable + netbook 8gb = 6000+ pics.
It's easier just to move the pics onto netbook!

We have several Stealth Cam Delta 8 Trail Cameras, 8 mega pixel, 50+ ft photo, hold cards & does what it says on the tin, at under £100, there a god send & bargain !

see cabellas ;)

We have several Stealth Cam Delta 8 Trail Cameras, 8 mega pixel, 50+ ft photo, hold cards & does what it says on the tin, at under £100, there a god send & bargain !

see cabellas ;)

I thought these would be a bit too yuppy for you. I thought you would be sniffing droppings and examining saliva on partially chewed twigs to work out what was on the ground.

Here is some footage from a Bushnell Trophy Cam, it was left out for 24 hours.

[video]http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m548/colly1612/?action=view&current=Deer.mp4[/video]

Here is some footage from a Bushnell Trophy Cam, it was left out for 24 hours.

[video]http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m548/colly1612/?action=view&current=Deer.mp4[/video]

That is good stuff, do you know what disturbed the doe that caused her to leave with such speed? Was it the flash on the camera going off? It certainly looked like it was something to do with the camera as she looked right at it.

Even so it is interesting stuff and good to have as it gives a reasonable idea of what you have on the ground.

I thought these would be a bit too yuppy for you. I thought you would be sniffing droppings and examining saliva on partially chewed twigs to work out what was on the ground.

The cameras take the work out of seeing who shouldnt be there, the dogs do as you quote , before the meal !! :lol:

justbought this one to try so give me a week and i will let you know http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LTL-5210A...30682081279?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item35b5b937ff

i have one of those, 1st time i set it on video mode i had 498 video,s of roe at various times of day and night on a feed pile, its a bit of a pain checking the screen as you have to take the thing to bits, good quality pics and vid tho

i also have a keep guard , good pics easy access to sd card,

if i got another camera ,i would probably get the keepguard off ebay again £115 ish

i have one of those, 1st time i set it on video mode i had 498 video,s of roe at various times of day and night on a feed pile, its a bit of a pain checking the screen as you have to take the thing to bits, good quality pics and vid tho

i also have a keep guard , good pics easy access to sd card,

if i got another camera ,i would probably get the keepguard off ebay again £115 ish

Never mind i will put up with the pain in the ass bit if its good quality

justbought this one to try so give me a week and i will let you know http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LTL-5210A...30682081279?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item35b5b937ff

I've just ordered on of those - still waiting for it to arrive, but from the others photo's on here they are good, and cheaper on ebay than the normal RRP of £165+.

I have had 2 Bushnell Trail Cams but sent them both back as faulty - the dealer then refused to send out any more, as he too must be experiencing issues with quite a few. From what I have read on US forums since getting on the market and getting lots of publicity manufacturing has moved to the Far East and quality has decreased. The first one of mine had condensation on the inside of the LEDS casing and the second drastically overexposed over 65% of the photos - very disappointing as I have a lot of Bushnells top optics and used to rate them very highly - but even the importers are now saying that the cheaper end production is going too Far East and their previous high quality on cheaper products is dropping. Annoying, especially as their trail cams are some of the more expensive ones on the market!!

A guy on our shoot has one which texts the picture it has taken to his mobile! cracking bit of kit as it save walking out to change the memory card etc..he got it on that auction site.

Never mind i will put up with the pain in the ass bit if its good quality

tikka-scott, how you getting on with ya new camera? i have had a few problems this last few times out , seems its getting condensation on the lens and buggering up the pictures after a night of heavy rain, the keep guard was out the same night and didn,t get fogged up

that camera is $152 AUD from the US of A to Australia,I have one!
This pic was taken with a different brand however.

0079ccf8.jpg

Back