Thread: proud dad

proud dad

Well took my lad out yesterday afternoon,to try for his first moving target with the little 16 bore hammergun, got onto a nice little flightline the usual safety talk/instruction from the old man over and away he goes,he missed about 5 not particularly easy birds then a nice fast right to left crosser @ about 30 yds goes by,up goes the gun a nice smooth swing and bang he kills it stone dead,I will never forget the look on his face or the hug he gave me HA HA A proud moment indeed, the first of many in a long career hopefully,provided we can still own firearms in years to come, cheers HORNET.

That will be one you will remember forever, long after the memories of many others have faded away! Me and my dad still talk about my first rabbit with a shotgun 39 years ago when I was just 9!
    You should get him some kind of game diary to fill in and keep records. It's something I wish I had done all those years ago. it would be great to be able to look back and refresh the memories of the 'faded' trips too!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    That will be one you will remember forever, long after the memories of many others have faded away! Me and my dad still talk about my first rabbit with a shotgun 39 years ago when I was just 9!
    You should get him some kind of game diary to fill in and keep records. It's something I wish I had done all those years ago. it would be great to be able to look back and refresh the memories of the 'faded' trips too!
    MS
    Now thats a damn fine idea MS will get on that next week cheers

Congratulations to you both....... may there be many more to come.