Thread: Fenja roe sack.

Fenja roe sack.

I recently bought a brand new harkila fenja roe sack, The 1st roe I put in it which I removed gralloch and pluck in the field and drained it. It has leaked blood between sack and liner it was leaking out seam on liner when I hosed it out.
    My old loden one was ok (didn't leak) but sack wasn't big enough.
    I'm happy enough with harkila as has better pockets for carrying knife torch etc and was comfortable carrying deer.
    Anyone else have any problems with liner leaking?

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
    I recently bought a brand new harkila fenja roe sack, The 1st roe I put in it which I removed gralloch and pluck in the field and drained it. It has leaked blood between sack and liner it was leaking out seam on liner when I hosed it out.
    My old loden one was ok (didn't leak) but sack wasn't big enough.
    I'm happy enough with harkila as has better pockets for carrying knife torch etc and was comfortable carrying deer.
    Anyone else have any problems with liner leaking?
    I have one and it can hold blood or even being full of water without leaking. Send it back, all their kit is warranted and they are very helpful.

I was doing the service rifle competitions at Bisley one year and a few of us went down to HM Supplies in Camberley. I was perusing some of the gear in there and happened to look up on top of this old cupboard, and there sat a very dusty old bag in some sort of sandy camo pattern. With a tour of Iraqistan looming i thought it may come in handy. I got it down and shook it off a bit to reveal a Roe sack! I have no idea why or when they made it, needless to say it had been on that cupboard a long time. I've guessed that maybe some officer in Sandhurst just across the road may have commissioned it to be made many years ago and then been deployed somewhere and forgotten it. 45 later it was mine!

Doesn't leek, has a removable washable liner and has good wide straps to bear the load. In the pic it has a Fallow pricket inside. In the past I've had 2 Roe in it, and on one stalk in Norfolk i had a young Roe buck and 2 Muntjac in it on the one stalk.

Might be worth asking a firm like that to make you a custom one?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00389.jpg  

I've the Harkila one and haven't had any problems with leaks, as said send it back.