Thread: Big thank you to Wayne Davies!

Big thank you to Wayne Davies!

Would just like like to say a big thank you to Wayne for taking me out this morning. I met Wayne at 6.30am near to his ground in the cotswolds and we went and parked up and had o mooch about, wayne squeeking a fox to within 30yds of us then watching max give chase was very entertaining! anyhow we set off in pursuit of a roebuck which had been evading wayne and max.. we spotted a group of 3-4 does and a buck down in a valley which took off, maybe to do with the farmer riding round on his noisy mule?! with one doe stopping a number of times and barking quite loudly (typical woman..) we made our way through the woods where we saw the does again but they would not present themselves for a shot, we continued through the would but to no avail. Once again the roebuck got lucky, not sure if it was my aftershave or waynes perfume but the deer did not want to play ball... still its not all about pulling the trigger, any old yuppie can do that it was an absolute pleasure to have a morning out and observe the deer and they way they behave with such a knowledgeable young(?) gentleman like Wayne, even if he does drink black coffee... Once again thanks Wayne, and Max!
    regards, Jez
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Hi Jez
    It was good to meet you today, sorry I didnt get you on the buck even I cant be jammy all the time maybe next time.
    Max enjoyed himself if Charlie had only 25 yards start instead of 30 he might have been in trouble

He couldn't work out why he couldn't chase the next one that come trotting by in the wood

Seriously probably not the done thing and I only let him go because I know I can stop him in full chase and boy does he enjoy it

atb

Wayne

wayne, i thought it was absolutely fantastic to watch just a shame Max didn't catch him!! hope to catch up with you and turbo max again soon!
    regards, Jez.

I didnt want him to catch it probably only end up with mange, just giving him a bit of exercise

saves walking him i suppose there is danger of catching that if you walk through evesham too.....!

Well done both sounds like a great outing

Quote Originally Posted by straightbetweentheeyes View Post
    saves walking him i suppose there is danger of catching that if you walk through evesham too.....!

You sure thats mange

amongst other things yes!! not sure what the polish is for that though