Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barley

Barley

Not really stalking related,but does anyone know where I can buy Barley grain 25kg bags.

Shropshire/worcestershire area to feed some pools for duck flighting,Regards Tony.

Look on Google.
    Feed in grain dealers Shropshire/Worcestershire.

HWH.

Probably more info if you drop Worcs.

HWH.

Find your nearest farmer who grows, the guy will let you have some.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Thanks but have tried google and can only find one in shrewbury,which is a bit far to travel.

Not sure how to find local farmer or at least who has grown what,Tony.

We used to feed flight ponds & flooding areas for the ducks, years ago, the farmer in question was happy to see the stuff coming in regardless of that we shot, so he gave us spilled grain, the ducks & geese didn't mind that it was sweepings!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

The birds don't mind if it floats or if it sinks, (into the shallows).

ducks will eat any grain
    wheat is as good as barley.
    old spuds will do or if you want the best go sweep up some acorns there are millions this year.

I get mine from farms, it has gone up a fair bit in the last couple for year though, 3 to 6.50 a bag. The best time to ask is just before harvest went they are clearing out the stores and you normally get that for nothing. Also if you have potato farmers around ask them for their seconds, I get loads and if you root though them half of those are usually good enough for the table.

Try Countrywide Farmers Plc, Worcester, Worcestershire, they will probably deliver