.223 lighter bullets

Peter Eaton

Tyring to find some info on lighter .223 bullet recipes using Benchmark powder, currently using 50 grain with benchmark, doe anyone know of any info available please as I want to try lighter bullets.

Tyring to find some info on lighter .223 bullet recipes using Benchmark powder, currently using 50 grain with benchmark, doe anyone know of any info available please as I want to try lighter bullets.

Hi,
Rem SPS 1/12 twist--24" barrel.
40gr V-MAX but with VihtV N133 -26.5gns @ 3975fps and bug hole's @ 100yard's,(very close to "MAX" start lower and work up)watch out for pressure sign's.
Lapua brass & Small CCI Primer's
ATB
Wullie.

Benchmark is OK, for .223............ but if you really want to excel, try some Vithavuori N133, their accuracy load is just that in more than one of my .223's (24.8grains under either a 40grain Nosler BT or a 52 grain A max)

Thanks for that gents, I always thought Benchmark was the best for .223, just for the record Im using 50 grain with 26.5 benchmark and getting around 3240 fps if memory is correct fro a remmy 700 with 4 inch taken off the barrel

hello mate i often use 40 g nosler bt with 25.5 g of benchmark in my savage 12 bvss 26in barrel 1 in 9 twist get touchole groups and very unpopular with charlie fast and flat hit like a hammer never had a fox get up and run after an interview with one of these hope that some help to you regards dave

No idea on speed except should be well over 3000 but I have just had great results with 26grains of H Varget, ppu brass, 40g Vmax pretty much all touching at 100 yards, federal primers.

Also my 55g Vmax in same 1inch circle but a slightly wider group with 25.5 of H varget. fiocchi brass.

Rifle CZ527 1 in 12.

Also Hornady factory loads v max 40g hitting same circle. They say 3800 fps on box.

So 3 different loads very happy as I can pick up rifle without worrying about grouping differently. Certainly not at 100yrd any road.

Back