Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: latest on my firearms app for a pistol for humane dispatch

latest on my firearms app for a pistol for humane dispatch

well i put in for a 2 shot .38 pistol for humane dispatch, for using through my job and for dispatching deer if required.
    i had a phone call form the firearms dept in l&b and had a chat with them they said it was very very unlikely i would be issued a pistol, but i was required to go for an interview with them to discuss my requirement,
    i have held a firearms for 20years and never had any problems with any renewal or police issues.
    now i am trying to go fully armed with relevant paper work and could do with some feed back off other people who have had similar problems .
    what annoys me is how these different police forces have there own rules when they should be following rules set out by the home office?

the chap who organises the loaders on the shoot i pick up on asked for the very same thing when he renewal came up a couple of months ago and they gave it him without any questions whatsoever!!! i think he comes under warwickshire...
    regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

thats what i cant understand why one police force is fine and the next is against.
    i will take it alot further if need be.

Wot I don't understand is why after speaking to you they say it is unlikely you will be granted with permission for a .38 but still want you to go in for an interview
    What where the loose reasons they gave you for not wanting to grant you permission for a .38

lads its all down to the countys chief constable how he wants to interpret the firearms guidance from the home office.

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Wot I don't understand is why after speaking to you they say it is unlikely you will be granted with permission for a .38 but still want you to go in for an interview
    What where the loose reasons they gave you for not wanting to grant you permission for a .38
    thats what i cant understand? i will be asking them why they are not issuing me with a .38 and then i will quote some ofthe home office guide lines.
    plus when he first said i WONT be getting one i did say i WILL take this further and go to court with it he said that would be a waste of time then he said they would like to interview me should be intreasting.
    also after the interview my ticket expires ten days later and it stil has not all been sorted so i did stress to the fao that i would need my ticket back by the 11th of nov as i need firearms formy job he said he would see what he could do but i could be holding it it by pushing for a section 5 fecking turn it around so its my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by ajfab View Post
    thats what i cant understand? i will be asking them why they are not issuing me with a .38 and then i will quote some ofthe home office guide lines.
    plus when he first said i WONT be getting one i did say i WILL take this further and go to court with it he said that would be a waste of time then he said they would like to interview me should be intreasting.
    also after the interview my ticket expires ten days later and it stil has not all been sorted so i did stress to the fao that i would need my ticket back by the 11th of nov as i need firearms formy job he said he would see what he could do but i could be holding it it by pushing for a section 5 fecking turn it around so its my fault.
    Adrian

This sounds like it could be the basis for an interesting chat tomorrow!

Have you obtained a copy of the BASC Fact Sheet 'Handguns for Humane Despatch'?

Some valuable stated cases on there.

In addtion to your requirement for deer, it will also add strings to your bow if you went with evidence demonstrating that you regularly were called on to humanely dispatch farm stock.